Biesse rover 322 manual

More
11 Nov 2020 18:18 #189021 by fed_zh1
Hi everyone, I have been reading up on the different retrofits here on Biesse rovers and wanted to say really well done! :)

I am really new to the forum and was considering to embark myself in a retrofit of a 322 using Mesa boards. I found the posts here really helpful and wanted to thank everyone for sharing.

The machine I wanted to retrofit was left behind by a company that went bankrupt. Unfortunately it doesn't have any documentation with it. I was hoping anyone who might have manuals and/or schematics could share them with me so that I could have a look to get some more details and plan better the work ahead, especially around the schematics!

I am still reading up on all the great work done here and if all goes to plan I'll start a new thread on the retrofit :)

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2020 19:46 #189030 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Biesse rover 322 manual

Hi everyone, I have been reading up on the different retrofits here on Biesse rovers and wanted to say really well done! :)

I am really new to the forum and was considering to embark myself in a retrofit of a 322 using Mesa boards. I found the posts here really helpful and wanted to thank everyone for sharing.

The machine I wanted to retrofit was left behind by a company that went bankrupt. Unfortunately it doesn't have any documentation with it. I was hoping anyone who might have manuals and/or schematics could share them with me so that I could have a look to get some more details and plan better the work ahead, especially around the schematics!

I am still reading up on all the great work done here and if all goes to plan I'll start a new thread on the retrofit :)

Thanks!

Hi,

I have done quite a few Biesse including a 321. I dont have schematics for a Biesse 321 but I have a cabinet in original shape with all the wiring and contactors and everything. Let me know if I can be of assistance. What I do with these is trace all the wiring anyways to all the devices. If yours has the rs485 relays then you will need to replace them with 7i84 boards and relays so you will need a 7i74 also. Depends if you have dc servos or the ac servo type with +-10v analog in which you will need a 7i77 with 7i92.

Tough to say for sure unless you share the configuration of the Biesse.

More
11 Nov 2020 21:08 #189042 by fed_zh1
Replied by fed_zh1 on topic Biesse rover 322 manual
Thank you for the info! Unfortunately I do not have physical access to the machine yet and I am trying to plan ahead as much as possible with pictures of it. I should be able to get back to the shop only in December unfortunately and don't really have anyone who could open it up and check in detail.

I have also just reached out to Biesse and hope that with the serial number they can give me the right documentation or at least more information, let's see what they say but I am starting to get the feeling I will have to manually trace them.

Regarding the motors these are the AC servos from Yaskawa so as you mentioned 7i92+7i77 it is. Just to clarify if I understood you right does that mean that knowing the type of motors is enough to rule that the machine will not have the rs485 relays? If that's the case I will start ordering these.

As far as I could see my machine should be like the one that "tom_no" retrofitted here . I was going to follow his config which I saw he derived from your previous work and also other users. I am still searching and reading!

On a side note, do you have any suggestions for small form factors pcs? Any experience with intel nucs in dusty environments?

More
11 Nov 2020 21:44 #189048 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Biesse rover 322 manual

Thank you for the info! Unfortunately I do not have physical access to the machine yet and I am trying to plan ahead as much as possible with pictures of it. I should be able to get back to the shop only in December unfortunately and don't really have anyone who could open it up and check in detail.

I have also just reached out to Biesse and hope that with the serial number they can give me the right documentation or at least more information, let's see what they say but I am starting to get the feeling I will have to manually trace them.

Regarding the motors these are the AC servos from Yaskawa so as you mentioned 7i92+7i77 it is. Just to clarify if I understood you right does that mean that knowing the type of motors is enough to rule that the machine will not have the rs485 relays? If that's the case I will start ordering these.

As far as I could see my machine should be like the one that "tom_no" retrofitted here . I was going to follow his config which I saw he derived from your previous work and also other users. I am still searching and reading!

On a side note, do you have any suggestions for small form factors pcs? Any experience with intel nucs in dusty environments?

I'm not having luck with PC and linuxcnc these days. I have to change three now, used one optiplex which locks up and two HP 6200 which lock up. So I am not the right person to talk computers cause I am pissed about this.

on another note, the Yaskawas are good. Must be the CACR series? I have those and they are beasts. Easy to integrate.
Biesse has some green lit logic in which you must press a button to get a green lite before you do anything else. You need to satisfy, air, emergency rope, sensors then you can get a green lite. I incorporated that into my estop so if you lose any of those sensors, you lose the green lite and system goes into estop.

The Yaskawa servos don't mean they have the rs485 or not. That is a time thing, I think they switched in 95 or 96.

Not a big deal anyways, just have to supply relays. I have a Biesse 346 my company uses and it had 94 relays. not rs485 so I was luck. I used existing relays and went from Mesa output straight to the relay and didnt have to rewire the other side. I kept the same power 24vdc, that powered the fioeld devices and added a 24vdc for Mesa field power. The Biesse power is just a three phase rectifier. I assume you machine is 600volts? All the ones I retrofitted were.

More
12 Nov 2020 21:44 #189155 by viesturs.lacis

on another note, the Yaskawas are good. Must be the CACR series? I have those and they are beasts. Easy to integrate.
Biesse has some green lit logic in which you must press a button to get a green lite before you do anything else. You need to satisfy, air, emergency rope, sensors then you can get a green lite. I incorporated that into my estop so if you lose any of those sensors, you lose the green lite and system goes into estop.

Hello, bevins!

I also have Biesse Rover 322 to retrofit. My problem is that there is absolutely no documentation with the machine, so I am using electric schemes from older Biesse machine I did a retrofit few years ago. Many things are similar, but not all (for example, I/O has changed from separate relays to rs-485 commutated 8-input or 8-output blocks).
My problem at the moment is to get the servodrive to move. Since all the safety fences have been removed and since there is no electric plan for particular machine, I have not dealt with those yellow safety devices. I believe that I have found that "enable machine" loop and short-connecting I get some power contactors to engage.
I have connected servo drives to Mesa cards based on pinout of the plug that goes into cnc controller from electric plans of the older macine. Encoders work. If I enable the machine, there is a signal from each of the drives that goes "false". I believe that it is "amp fault" or something like that. And at this moment if I apply voltage to what I believe is analog input of servo drive, nothing happens. Not even at +9V (I would expect machine to fly at this moment).
Can you share some hints on what should I look at? Do you happen to know, if there is some manual for servodrives somewhere online? The machine has Yaskava CACR-SR05BE12G-E drives.
The drives show some messages of 3 symbols. That little plate does not seem very explanatory. Any idea, if I can find more detailed explanation? I suspect that could help me to understand, if the drive is enabled or no etc.
Thanks in advance!

Viesturs

More
13 Nov 2020 00:37 #189170 by fed_zh1
Replied by fed_zh1 on topic Biesse rover 322 manual

bevins wrote:
I'm not having luck with PC and linuxcnc these days. I have to change three now, used one optiplex which locks up and two HP 6200 which lock up. So I am not the right person to talk computers cause I am pissed about this.

Sorry to hear! I am worried they might die due to dust causing shorts and fans getting clogged... trying to see what would be the best compromise.

bevins wrote:

The Yaskawa servos don't mean they have the rs485 or not. That is a time thing, I think they switched in 95 or 96.

Not a big deal anyways, just have to supply relays. I have a Biesse 346 my company uses and it had 94 relays. not rs485 so I was luck. I used existing relays and went from Mesa output straight to the relay and didnt have to rewire the other side. I kept the same power 24vdc, that powered the fioeld devices and added a 24vdc for Mesa field power. The Biesse power is just a three phase rectifier. I assume you machine is 600volts? All the ones I retrofitted were.

The Yaskawas are the USAGED-20VML11 model! Also thanks for the clarification on the RS485 question and the info. After thinking a bit more what I am trying to come up with is a flexible enough mesa boards config so that in the future I could add potentially additional boards in case one of the motor fails and I need to change it (realistically they are quite old and this motor model is discontinued so will most likely happen and be a pain...) Was considering to go with a 7i80+7i77 and then the other boards for I/O for the time being and then I might add if needed additional boards to the 7i80 if I need to substitute one of the motors and need digital coms for example. What do you think? By the way I am realising we're getting off topic here so I will plan a bit more and then open a new thread on the retrofit with more of these questions :)

Regarding the Biesse power what I can see from the side panel is 380V, the motor drives should be 200V. I cant manually check yet but googling the motors and the machine model they should be the Yaskawa Sgdb-20vdy1 but I need to confirm this. Biesse replied to my email and asked for some paperwork. Hopefully they should be able to send me a manual soon

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds