How to square a Precix 4'x4' 5100 CNC?

More
21 Nov 2020 23:04 #190013 by quarklark
The gantry on our machine is out of square by 0.372 degrees, but I' can't figure out how to adjust the cross beam? I've tried loosening the bolts on the right hand side of the machine and tapping it over, but it looks like there's no room for the bolts to adjust.

Does anyone have a manual for this particular machine? The details I've collected so far are here: github.com/quarklark/GSS-CNC/wiki/machine-specifications

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2020 02:19 #190019 by rodw
For Linuxcnc V2.8 and above, this can be squared in the homing sequence just by altering the home offset on both sides of the gantry.
eg if there is 5mm error from one side to the other, you need a home offset that is 5mm different each side.

More
22 Nov 2020 15:53 #190055 by quarklark
Thanks so much for the quick reply!!

Our system only has a single driver on the gantry, which is tethered to the opposite side with a drive shaft. (It's a rack and pinion drive.)

This is our .pncconf file: github.com/quarklark/GSS-CNC/blob/master.../PRECIX_MESA.pncconf Is there a particular property that I should try setting?

More
22 Nov 2020 20:02 #190078 by rodw
Well, if you can't square the hardware, it is possible to create a component that applies an offset to the Y position, based on the X position so it can track squarely. I did help someone to create such a component once previously and the details are somewhere on this forum. It was for a 3 axis mill.

More
22 Nov 2020 22:41 #190085 by Clive S

Well, if you can't square the hardware, it is possible to create a component that applies an offset to the Y position, based on the X position so it can track squarely. I did help someone to create such a component once previously and the details are somewhere on this forum. It was for a 3 axis mill.

Its uses millkins
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Contri...y_XY_skew_correction

More
22 Nov 2020 23:03 #190086 by rodw

Its uses millkins

Thats a different method again to what we did. I think we probably used external offsets.

More
23 Nov 2020 08:32 #190103 by Clive S

Its uses millkins

Thats a different method again to what we did. I think we probably used external offsets.

We used millkins about 5 years ago and its still working today If I remember it was using Lcnc 2.6

More
15 Oct 2021 21:41 #223236 by CNCMELILLA
Buenas tengo una CNC PRECIX y cuando muevo el carro en X - Y - Z los tres ejes todos los movimientos dan unos pequeños saltos y hace unos pequeñas palpitaciones no muy agradables el problema es de configuración del ordenador de la CNC que mueve la fresadora yo creo q es por la regulación de paso a paso
ya que instalo un disco duro clonado que tengo que me da (otro fallo anterior) y que tampoco se reparar, pero cuando la muevo para los lados va perfectamente pero vuelvo a poner el disco anterior con el que puedo trabajar y vuelve a dar las palpitaciones que no es nada agradable escuchar la máquina trabajando a sí ,
abría un técnico que pueda repararla por remoto? por favor estoy desesperado ya con esta situación ya que precix no me hace ni caso

More
16 Oct 2021 23:13 #223338 by andypugh
Maybe try asking here too?
forum.linuxcnc.org/45-espanol

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds