I need help wiring my Vevor A2 series VFD

More
02 Jul 2021 00:02 #213467 by warner98
Hello, I recently received my Vevor A2 series VFD, and I wondered if it would be possible for someone to check my current wiring. I followed the pinout sheet posted in the forum. However, my VFD is a little different. I tried my best to create a wiring diagram that I think is correct. But I wondered if it would be possible for someone with a little more experience to check my work and make sure everything is wired correctly. I don't want to make any costly mistakes. I have uploaded a photo of how I have things currently wired. Let me know; thanks!  
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2021 08:46 #213481 by tommylight
Spin+ to 12V out
Spin op to 10V in
Spin -to gnd
-
Spin en-  to gnd
Spin en+ to fwd
-
Do not connect anything else, this should get you a running spindle in one direction. Might need to reverse the EN wires if the VFD remains on all the time.
In the meantime someone else might chime in about wiring direction pins, although that is needed for tapping and threading, so not sure if you need that.
Also might want to wait for someone else to confirm this.

More
03 Jul 2021 18:10 #213580 by warner98
Thanks for your response, I definetly appreciate it. In the future, I do plan on using my machine for tapping and threading. Does this wiring should allow to use the Mesa 7i76E as a potentiometer? I apologize I'm new to this and I'm still trying to take everything in.

More
03 Jul 2021 18:25 #213581 by Aciera
The mesa uses an electronic potentiometer to set the speed through an analog signal.
What you can do to get forward and reverse direction working is send the enable signal through an external relay that is controlled by the DIR contact from the mesa. DIR inactive sends the enable signal to the fwd input and DIR active sends it to the rev input.
Some VFDs can also be reconfigured from fwd/rev to enable/direction.

More
17 Oct 2021 01:08 #223351 by John19
Hey is it alright if you can sent me a picture of the wiring you did on the A2 series VDF

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds