Mitutoyo QV Apex Pro CMM

More
30 Mar 2022 15:28 #238743 by biqut2
I recently purchased a secondhand cmm. Its in fantastic shape except for a failed power supply and its missing the dongle for the software. The power supply is an easy enough fix. Mitutoyo is being less than helpful with parts and support, so I am looking to retrofit. I'd prefer to stay with Mesa electronics as the have served me well on all of my other machines. This is the first time I've had to interface with glass scales. From what I read they are almost certainly producing sine waves rather than quadrature output. 

Is there a particular piece of Mesa hardware that is designed to interface directly with these?

Also the servos are DC Yaskawa units. I don't have schematics or pin outs for these. Would be nice to re-use as much as possible. If anyone has any information on these that would be great as I've been searching and coming up empty handed.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2022 19:11 #238799 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Mitutoyo QV Apex Pro CMM
Heidenhain EXE units are often used to convert sinusoidal to quadrature signals.

More
30 Mar 2022 20:24 #238819 by biqut2
Replied by biqut2 on topic Mitutoyo QV Apex Pro CMM
I had read that. Are they all created equal? I take it based on this recommendation, I can't go straight to a mesa device.
At this point I'm just getting started on this project and will be working on it as time allows.

More
30 Mar 2022 20:41 #238823 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Mitutoyo QV Apex Pro CMM

I had read that. Are they all created equal?

I actually know very little about them.

I take it based on this recommendation, I can't go straight to a mesa device.

I am not sure. I feel that the hardware of the 7i49 is potentially capable, but it would need different firmware.

The STMBL servo drive can read sin/cos I think, but I am not sure if that helps.

Maybe a small microprocessor would help? Pi 2040? There are 4 x 12-bit ADCs on here: www.adafruit.com/product/4888

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds