Nema23 stepper motor defective?

More
23 May 2024 08:24 #301189 by carl22
Hello everyone,
I'm currently building a gantry milling machine. For this I purchased 3 stepper motors(  www.oyostepper.de/goods-79-Doppelwelle-N...NC-Schrittmotor.html ) and a controller based on TB6560 on oyostepper.de.
Now that I have all three motors connected, I noticed that one of the motors is behaving strangely:
When starting slowly, it bounces back and forth before starting to run normally. However, which direction it turns is accidental.
The other two engines run absolutely problem-free. I then swapped the motors and the control crosswise, but the behavior of the motor in question remains the same.
I can therefore rule out a control error. A measurement of the resistance of the connected windings showed approx. 1.6 ohms for all motors.
So the windings are apparently OK.
The only way I can explain this is that the windings in the supposedly defective motor are somehow wired incorrectly. As I said, the engines are brand new.
Has anyone ever had something similar?
Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2024 09:13 #301192 by andypugh
It's certainly possible that the motor is mis-wired internally.

How many wires does it have? I bought some 8-wire motors where the colours of the leads bore no resemblance to the documentation supplied,

I am assuming a 4-wire motor from this point on,,

You have checked the resistance and that looks OK, but another useful check is to short A+ to A- and try to turn the motors shaft by hand. Then the same for B+ and B-

If the motor gets harder to turn then it indicates that the internal wiring is correct.
If it does not get stiffer then this indicates that internally one of the phases is wired with the windings in antiphase. This would explain the symptoms you see.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds