information for panasonic servo drives

More
10 Mar 2011 14:21 #7687 by kvirdi
Hi guys,

I am currently retrofitting my Sodick CNC machines with a PPMC controller from Pico Systems. I am having a problem finding information on my particular drive/motors. The model numbers are:

drive: MDD 203 K1T
motor: MDM 152K1C, MDM 202K1C,

as close as I can find:

MDD - middle inertia
20 - 2 kW
3 - three phase

The remaining letters don't match anything. Information about the encoder is missing. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2011 15:35 #7689 by andypugh
I am guessing that the problem is that you don't have the cables? Otherwise it ought to just be a case of wiring them together and applying the control voltage to the drives.

A direct email to Panasonic might help.

More
10 Mar 2011 18:09 #7699 by BigJohnT
I'm trying to contact my Panasonic friend that I get my servos and drives from now to get some info.

I wonder if the RX RX/ are feed back to the drives like a tacho velocity feedback. (from the IRC this morning)

John

More
11 Mar 2011 04:35 #7717 by kvirdi
The machine I am retrofitting came with encoder cables, connected from the encoder directly to the controller. The Panasonic manual I have found to best describe my drive/motors show that the encoder should connect to the drive.

To add to the confusion, the included encoder cable is comprised of the correct plugs, a 25 pin dsub on the controller side, that the manual says should connect to the drive. But, the pinouts described in the manual are very different than what I am observing.

For others, John is referencing the encoder diagram I am working off of:

I will try to contact Panasonic as well. Thanks for the help.
Attachments:

More
14 Mar 2011 15:43 #7813 by BigJohnT
My Panasonic guy can not find anything on those part numbers.

John

More
15 Mar 2011 06:26 #7846 by kvirdi
Hi,

Thanks for the effort. I also tried to get some information from Panasonic, and from Sodick, the machine manufacturer, without luck. I have made a chart of pinouts, taken from the machine electrical diagrams, and have matched it with some information regarding the current controller.

The chart is available at my dropbox: dl.dropbox.com/u/8975057/CURRENTCONTROL.xls

The controller is able to output both PWM and analogue signals. I am currently testing signals on a working machine to find out what connections are being used.

More
12 Dec 2021 16:13 #228933 by Darium
Hi,
How is the project going?
Have you succeed in making it run?
I just purchased a pair of that model (Sodick-450MC)
Hope you can give me some guide on it.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds