Favorite CAM software?

More
18 Nov 2015 06:57 #65403 by racedirector
Replied by racedirector on topic Favorite CAM software?
Fusion 360 - free for startups etc. Use it now as my default go to cad/cam package. For stuff I can't do with F360 I use Cambam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2015 09:33 #65924 by Skullworks
Replied by Skullworks on topic Favorite CAM software?
Have not spent enough time with "free" CAM as yet.

Best paid CAD/CAM was BOBCAD V12 GOLD Edition for DOS circa 1990.

I have VisualMill, GeoMagic, Solidworks 2004-2006, AutoCAD, SurfCAM, MasterCAM v6.5-v8 and now I'm even looking into GibbsCAM.

But for 95% of the mill work I do is 2 1/2D and I can have the G-code up and running via Bobcad running in DOSBOX long before I could even complete a solid model of the part. Or I just start typing at the machine and I am the code generator.

Once upon a time I offered to buy the old DOS source code, but was told it was not for sale.

More
17 Jul 2016 19:11 #77576 by Sticklizard
Replied by Sticklizard on topic Favorite CAM software?

Fusion 360 - free for startups etc. Use it now as my default go to cad/cam package. For stuff I can't do with F360 I use Cambam.

As a woodworking hobbyist new to CNC, I've found Fusion 360 to be pretty great. I'm still working my way along the learning curve, but it doesn't seem worse than other programs I've dealt with (including linuxcnc setup!) I hope they keep up the policy of being free for hobbyists and startups.

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds