Processor that Supports Multiple Tool Changes

More
23 Sep 2014 08:02 #51468 by Stuart Covey
Alright, I have another question. I cannot find a processor preinstalled on Vcarve Pro that supports multiple tool changes and works with LinuxCNC.
Is there one that I missed? Or do I need to download and add one that supports tool changes?
I would like to have one toolpath file which prompts in LinuxCNC when I need to change the tool. Right now I have to have several different toolpath files with one for each tool and it is a pain.

Thanks in advance, Stuart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2014 14:32 - 23 Sep 2014 14:37 #51474 by cncbasher
as far as i know vcarve supports toolchanges , although it's a while since i last used it
it should be easy to hand edit afterwards and add the pause for change

linuxcnc should as you to change tools if it comes across a M6Tx
have you the manual toolchange line in your hal file ?

i'll take a look later today all being well
which ver of vcarve are you using ?
Last edit: 23 Sep 2014 14:37 by cncbasher.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2014 19:52 #51481 by Stuart Covey

cncbasher wrote: as far as i know vcarve supports toolchanges , although it's a while since i last used it
it should be easy to hand edit afterwards and add the pause for change

linuxcnc should as you to change tools if it comes across a M6Tx
have you the manual toolchange line in your hal file ?

i'll take a look later today all being well
which ver of vcarve are you using ?


VCarve is the one with the error. Probotix said they programmed linuxcnc for multiple tool changes, but vcarve says the current processor does not support it and will not let me save the gcode.
I'm running VCarve 7.514 I know I can edit the gcode, but what I really would like is a processor that supports tool changes and works with LinuxCNC.
Is there anyway I can edit the post processor to accept tool changes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2014 20:42 #51483 by cncbasher
i cant see vcarve not supporting toolchanges , it's a basic operation .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2014 20:55 - 23 Sep 2014 20:56 #51484 by Stuart Covey

cncbasher wrote: i cant see vcarve not supporting toolchanges , it's a basic operation .


Well vcarve supports tool changes and I have saved toolpath files with tool changes in them, but they do not work with linuxcnc. All the post processors on the vcarve software that work with LinuxCNC do not support tool changes.
Is there a processor that I can download that supports tool changes, is compatible with vcarve and works with LinuxCNC?
Last edit: 23 Sep 2014 20:56 by Stuart Covey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2014 21:28 #51488 by cncbasher
find attached post with toolchange
i forgot to ask if you needed a metric or inch
iv'e attached a metric one , but if you need the inch just ask and i'll attach it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2014 21:43 #51489 by Stuart Covey

cncbasher wrote: find attached post with toolchange
i forgot to ask if you needed a metric or inch
iv'e attached a metric one , but if you need the inch just ask and i'll attach it


Ok, great! I'll try it out. I need the inch though. Also I'm not seeing the attachment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2014 21:46 #51490 by cncbasher
ok iv'e added both in this rar attachment
i have also rebranded them to Linuxcnc , so they will sit quite happy without overwriting the origionals

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2014 21:49 #51491 by Stuart Covey

cncbasher wrote: ok iv'e added both in this rar attachment
i have also rebranded them to Linuxcnc , so they will sit quite happy without overwriting the origionals


How do I get to the attachment? I'm no seeing it anywhere. Does this forum work differently?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2014 21:54 #51492 by cncbasher
Stuart email me ( see profile )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stuart Covey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum