CamBam

More
25 Mar 2015 00:04 - 25 Mar 2015 00:06 #57153 by johnl2
CamBam was created by johnl2
Hey guys, anybody know how to install CamBam? Andy, I think you told me about it, now I'm trying to install it, but I am totally lost. First I tried the instructions in the beginning of the site but to no avail then I tried the instructions at the bottom of the site for ubuntu 10.04, still nothing. I got so far as to get it installed but when I try to open it via command line, it tells me that "The assembly mscorlib.dll was not found or could not be loaded. It should have been installed in the '/usr/lib/mono/2.0/mscorlib.dll' directory. So I went to that location and noticed that all of the dll's were in 4.0, not 2.0. Further, there IS no 2.0! Where did I go wrong?

Thanks,

John
Last edit: 25 Mar 2015 00:06 by johnl2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2015 20:57 #57177 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic CamBam

Hey guys, anybody know how to install CamBam?

I am afraid not, I have only used it under Windows.

"The assembly mscorlib.dll was not found or could not be loaded. It should have been installed in the '/usr/lib/mono/2.0/mscorlib.dll' directory. So I went to that location and noticed that all of the dll's were in 4.0, not 2.0. Further, there IS no 2.0!

I think that the first thign I would try would be to change the name of that directory.
If that doesn't work, then try asking on the CamBam forum:
www.cambam.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESS...d3bcc657dd&board=3.0

More
26 Mar 2015 03:09 #57189 by johnl2
Replied by johnl2 on topic CamBam
I did change it from 4.0 to 2.0, just renamed it. That only made matters worse, it then told me that there was no such directory such as CamBam0.9.8. I'm lost. . . I don't know why it's so hard to install something onto ubuntu. Damn near impossible. I tried it ALL day yesterday, and when I say all day, I mean for about 12 hours straight through with a few breaks inbetween. I searched every forum online I could find via google. Why is linux SO HARD????

John

More
26 Mar 2015 03:42 #57191 by andypugh

Why is linux SO HARD????

It isn't always hard, for things that have been reasonably well written or are available from the various repositories.

Which version of Ubuntu(?) are you running? I can have a go installing CamBam here.

More
26 Mar 2015 03:58 #57193 by andypugh
The first thing to do, I think, is to get mono the "Ubuntu" way, which I just did this way:

1) System -> Administration -> Synaptic Package manager
2) Type "libmono" in the search box, and then select libmono-1.0 and libmono-2,0 and libbmono-dev for intallation.
3) Synaptic will automatically create a list of other packages required, click to add those for installation too
4) Click the "Apply" button at the top of Synaptic and wait.

At the end of that you should have a /lib/mono/1.0, 2.0 and 3.5

You might need to _remove_ the badgerports reference in The Settings->Repositories->Other Software part of the Synaptic Package Manager.

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.487 seconds