ShopfloorPRO a upcoming add on for Linuxcnc

More
03 Jun 2015 03:26 - 03 Jun 2015 03:26 #59358 by REEEN
Hello Community I want to present my results of cam programming to you!
ShopfloorPRO will be a add on for gmoccapy and upcoming luminos Gui by Norbert Schechner.
With this add on you can do cam programming directly on the machine like Heidenhain, Shopmill, Mazatrol and co.

Iam working together with Dan Heeks the one who made HEEKSCNC.

Other than NGCGUI and features ShopfloorPRO will become a very professional thing and it will be a commercial project with module based.
But to make all of you happy, there will be a free version introduced in gmoccapy.
The Free version won't have all the features but you can use it to make nearly every 2.5D Part.
The paid version will have a lot more features.
But everyone starts with the free version and all commercial features can be obtained later. So everyone will only pay for what he really needs.

SO enough of talking here are some pictures:

Offset toolpath with smart linking strategy, the tool will only plunge once into a contour so entry moves are possible and there are no retractions. Pockets can have multiple islands:

Here you can see a toolpath for restmaterial removing:

Fine miilling, here you can select between normal start and arc roll on, you can select a desired roll on within a pocket with islands. (Siemens and co can't do this)

And here you can see a optimized toolpath, my dynamic algorithm will check the whole toolpath and either place trochoids on narrow regions or slow down feed or decrease cutting depth.

The next thing me and Dan are currently working is a trochoidal toolpath followed by a hybrid toolpath with contour paralel and trochoidal motion. (other onboard cams like Heidenhain and co can't do that!!!)

But making the algorithms and keeping them robust is a lot of work so everyone who likes to join us for creating the free version is welcome the algorithms are ready, we only need someone to help with the gui part and we need a module for creating the contours, like a cad but 2D only for making arcs and lines and showing them on the screen.

Again everyone who wants a good CAM System for making 2.5D parts is welcome just write me a mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I would like to here some feedback :)

Greets Rene
Last edit: 03 Jun 2015 03:26 by REEEN.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2015 06:03 #59361 by tommylight
Nice, it looks and sounds really nice, so i am all for giving it a thorough run.
I have plenty of hardware ( mills, lathe, plasma, all cnc all linux), so if you need testers, drop me a PM.

More
03 Jun 2015 14:55 #59366 by bernie_nor
Nice!

What file format do you support for the CAD files?

How do you define 2.5D in your application?

Cheers!
Bernie

More
03 Jun 2015 17:16 #59368 by REEEN
Hello,
I'm sorry for everyone who mailed me, there is currently no version that can be tested, there is just a c++ module for python containing the algorithms for calculating the toolpath.
Right now there is no gui ready for the module, so there is no easy way on testing this.
This is why I wss asking for help on this, I have to much work right now with creating the algorithms so I can't make the gui for the free version right now. But I have an exact concept how it should look like, so if someone would spent some time I can show him how to do it, how to handle the module and so he can create a nice GUI for that.

I will call Norbert Schechner , the creator of gmoccapy tonight, maybe he has sone time to start adding the gui to gmoccapy.

But to not dissapoint you, the toolpaths shown on the pictures are made from the paid version, the freeware version will be able to make contour paralel toolpaths as well, but without smartlinking and so without the possibility of entry strategys.
The add ons for them will be available soon.

I'd spend a lot of time on this, now, about 3 years of programming and several thousand hours of research, so I can not just publish it completely for free.
But the modules will have a nice pricing so they will be available for everyone who can spend some money for faster part producing without expensive and complicated cams.

2.5 D means no 3D miling you can't make 3D shapes on the machine. You can make2D parts.
The clue of onboard cam is being able to make a part just from a drawing or right out of your mind.
The User will fill out dialogs for parameters and for the contours he will have a contour calculator, so that he can simple draw the contour on the machine, but wihtout a mouse or else. You can also use a dxf for that.
Just google for shopmill and read the description.

Unfortunately after 3 years of research on computational geometry, I know how to make 3D paths as well, so there will also be a cad cam solution for your pc, published by Dan Heeks.

Here is a video simulation of my restmilling approach, for thos who don't know what this is, you can make a povket with multiple tools different in size without having to clear the whole pocket again. For example a huge pocket with small corner radi.

Restmilling with HeeksBaumgartner machining libra…:

Feel free to ask me all that you like to know.

Greets Rene

More
03 Jun 2015 18:06 #59371 by BigJohnT
Do you have a link to the c++ module and is it open source GPL2?

JT

More
03 Jun 2015 20:42 #59374 by REEEN
Hello John, you can mail me and then I can give you a link to the free library, but the library for the commercial version has a commercial license and the source code will be kept secret there is to much work behind this and I have very smart algorithms in there that I created all alone so to dangerous that some other cam developers could steal my code and ruin 3 years of work.

Sounds like you are very interessted and I know that you also wrote some cycles for onboard programming, maybe you want to help with the gui part, I know that you can do this :)

Greets REEEN

More
03 Jun 2015 20:46 #59375 by andypugh

Hello Community I want to present my results of cam programming to you!
ShopfloorPRO will be a add on for gmoccapy and upcoming luminos Gui by Norbert Schechner.

It looks great, but I have some reservations about making it part of Gmoccapy.

I can see the point in integrating CAM into a CAD system, as those two activities suit similar styles of user interaction.
However, Gmoccapy is a touch-screen GUI, and I can't imagine wanting to do CAM with a touch-screen.
Also, not all users use Gmoccapy, nor do they all want to. Asking them to switch their machine interface to use your CAM might mean that you get a lower take-up.

I think that you would be better making your CAM package into a standalone application, or look at combining it with HeeksCAD, FreeCAD or PyCAM.

If your routines are faster than PyCAM, (which is equivalent to being warmer than liquid helium) then perhaps you can make PyCAM useful?

More
03 Jun 2015 20:46 #59376 by BigJohnT
Did you get my email about moving this thread? You can reply to that one.

JT

More
03 Jun 2015 21:55 #59377 by REEEN
@ John:
No sorry I did not get your mail :)

@ Andy:
Yes you are right about the take up, but the frontend Iam planning can only be implement in gmoccapy. It will be an industrial feature and for this I need an industrial Gui, curently Norbert is creating a new GUI the LUMINOS GUI this GUI will be an all industrial one.
I will also make a standalone feature and a cam, too so everyone will be able to use it.
But everyone who has ever worked on a Heidenhain or Siemens CNC knows that you can make single parts never faster than here.
And it is no problem to do it with a touchscreen or panellkeys. Just imagine a GUI NGCGUI.

My Cam algorithms take only some milliseconds to create the toolpath, pycame takes hours... ;)

Greets Rene

More
03 Jun 2015 23:08 #59381 by BigJohnT
Check your spam folder if you have not changed your email address since you joined up here.

JT

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds