ShopfloorPRO a upcoming add on for Linuxcnc

More
06 Jun 2015 15:32 #59508 by REEEN
Hello,
today I got a go from Dan Heeks for my planned freeware version.

@John: Sorry I changed my email adress, please send me a mail to the adress I mentioned above.

If I find some help, the first freeware version will be released to the end of this year.

Greets Rene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2015 21:13 #59579 by BigJohnT
I took a look see at Dan's libarea and it has not been worked on for 5 years. I'm not sure that GPL V3 is even compatible with LinuxCNC. A pocketing routine doesn't interest me as I've only done pockets once in the last 15 years and the simple G code generators on the wiki were good enough for me. I was under the assumption that this was your code...

Good Luck

JT

More
07 Jun 2015 21:24 #59580 by REEEN
Hello John,

I was talking about making a gui for the freeware version, the freeware version will not include the commercial libarea module of course.

The pictures I posted were made with the commercial module. basically the commercial module is not much different to use, but has much nicer toolpaths and can do restmaterial milling and so on.

The free version will use the free libarea module for making pockets with free shapes, face milling, circular pockets, drilling cycles, and so on.

More
07 Jun 2015 22:43 #59590 by BigJohnT
I thought libarea was just for making pockets, but I could see how it could be used to face if you define your pocket big enough. How does a pocket routine drill holes?

I already have a program that does spotting, drilling, reaming, rigid tapping, and facing that I wrote in Python. The only thing lacking is being able to open a DXF file and import the coordinates of points for the hole ops. Usually just entering in the coordinates of the holes is faster than creating a DXF file but that would be a nice addition to my program... I should quit rambling on.

gnipsel.com/files/mill-g-code/

JT

More
08 Jun 2015 03:04 #59607 by BigJohnT
The libarea is not compatible with the LinuxCNC license so it can not be included in LinuxCNC (I asked someone that knows). So that does complicate things a bit. So it really depends on what your thinking of doing. So far I'm totally confused as to what your trying to do... you and Dan are making a commercial product and want to include an outdated library in Gomoccpy? Certainly ShopfloorPRO can send it's output to LinuxCNC...

JT

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds