Simple G-Code Generator

More
13 Aug 2017 20:40 #97418 by RogerHq
Replied by RogerHq on topic Simple G-Code Generator
Hello Erik!
Tried your console version of multiline text2 gcode converter, works beautifully in linuxCNC emulated mode (have no HW interface for my Mori Seiki Junior yet but might build an interface sooner or later, depends on how long my FANUC 10M controller remains in shape...) So my question is: How do I create code for my 10M? It takes simple ISO, no advanced macro and/or program logic in the code afaik...
Greetings /Roger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Aug 2017 22:54 #97426 by Erik
Replied by Erik on topic Simple G-Code Generator
Hi Roger,
all object modules create g-code without subroutines except the subroutine module. So the resulting code might work with your 10M.
btw: just uploaded the latest version 3.6.0.
Erik

More
14 Aug 2017 07:17 #97442 by RogerHq
Ok, thanks Erik, I'll try that asap and will bring back what happens!
/Roger

More
14 Aug 2017 11:05 #97445 by rotwang
Replied by rotwang on topic Simple G-Code Generator
You may also like gcmc from GCMC Meta-compiler
It takes some getting your head round, but it's a complete scripting language for specifying paths, and can output G-code, DXF and SVG from the same script, selected by command line flag. There's even a Windows version!
Roger

More
18 Aug 2017 14:44 #97705 by RogerHq
Ok Erik, you can add tested on Ubuntu10.04/LinuxCNC ver 2.5, seem to be working ok when I get the G-code up and running, Your integration seem to work fine, loads the code directly into AXIS, I tried text and circular pocket. just minor bugs, AXIS complained about unfound gcode-terminator character(%) Solved by integrating into postamble, I also think the same character should precede the code according to standard. That gives user the opportunity to store entire libraries in ońe file or a program with subroutines, Sorry for diverging from subject! :-)
I will try the code on FANUC 10M, I know I will have to modify the code regading your HELIX move who is not activated on my machine, FANUC wants money for that, but I know how to fix it anyway but the holy rule is: Don't fiddle with a working system! So I leave helix for now. Great job Erik, I'll come back with some video on your code in action IRL!

More
18 Aug 2017 14:50 #97707 by RogerHq
Thanks for your suggestion rotwang, I tried it and it is indeed interesting, might come back with some experiences from that package too! / Roger

More
21 Aug 2017 17:08 #97825 by Erik
Thanks for your feedback Roger! LCNC 2.7 does not complain about the missing "%". I added it now to improve the compatibility anyway.
Waiting for the video...

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds