X origin error when machining

More
10 Jun 2020 12:24 #170957 by Aciera
The tool table is for preset tools that are often used either in a tool changer in the machine or in a rack for manual tool change. If you want to use that then the tool tables have to be same in CAM and LinuxCNC and have to correspond to the actual tools in the tool rack.
If you don't use the tool table in your CAM and always use tool1 then the values for tool1 in the tool table inside linuxCNC should be 0. Or you could suppress the call for tool change (t1 m6) in your postprocessor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2020 09:29 #171100 by twatchorn
Hi Guys,
We have success. Tool table had 35.707 in column X on tool 1.
When you say ***If you don't use the tool table in your CAM and always use tool1 then the values for tool1 in the tool table inside linuxCNC should be 0.** Which column where you meaning that I would enter 0? I tried 0 in POC for tool 1 and got no errors. If I try changing tool 2 and 3 POC to 0 it shows the error in the attached screenshot.

Have you any idea how I may have got this off set value in the table? It is only in the last few months I have been having the errors.
Hopefully the radius error is fixed now too.

I had to LOL when you explained IMHO :-) . It is obvious that text English is not my first language! (here is me thinking it might be an other program acronym)

Thank you
Trevor
Attachments:

More
11 Jun 2020 09:54 - 11 Jun 2020 09:56 #171105 by Aciera
POC is the pocket number of the tool changer and probably has to be a unique number.
What I meant was all the values for XYZABCUWV and Diam should be 0 or blank. That way there is no danger of unwittingly activating an offset by calling a tool. "Comment" is just that, a description of the tool, you can delete that as well.
"FRONT", "BACK" and "ORIENT" are used on lathes so leave those blank as well.

Your english is fine, its also not my native language. Some know some things and others know other things. Glad you got it working.

[edit]
No idea how you got that tool table messed up. maybe somebody else has an idea as I don't use it.
Last edit: 11 Jun 2020 09:56 by Aciera.

More
11 Jun 2020 12:57 #171129 by bbsr_5a
if tool table and or VAR files are messed just dlete VAR var.bak tbl file they are regenerated at the machine Load

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds