FreeCAD LinuxCNC tool table sync

More
09 Dec 2021 22:37 #228745 by myval
Hi all,
wondering if there is a way, well I am sure it is but i dont know it to sync tool table between freecad path and linuxcnc?
I find it stupid to create tools at both ends manually.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2021 14:51 #228925 by andypugh
I think that I have seen a one-way translator somewhere, probably on this forum.
It probably makes sense for FreeCAD to be the master, and to update the LinuxCNC table from there.

You could probably do something clever in the Postprocessor to set the LinuxCNC tool table to match the FreeCAD one with a set of G10 commands.

Though, on further consideration, actual tool-lengths probably only want to be controlled from the LinuxCNC side.

More
16 Dec 2021 22:35 #229209 by myval
Yeah that would be exactly what I would like to have freecad as master and push the tools to linuxcnc.

tool lengths would have to be untouchable probably diameter as well since I do a cut and correct the tool dia for runout wear and what ever is not spot on.

so on the other thought I think I would prefer to push tools from linuxcnc to freecad.
hmm this is egg and chicken problem I guess.
but do you know where I can find the translator to play with?

More
18 Dec 2021 16:15 #229411 by andypugh

More
18 Dec 2021 19:48 #229427 by myval
oh lovely lovely you are the best, thank you.
I had to do some workshop reshuffle so have the machine disconnected but as soon as I get it all up and running I will give it a go. thank you

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds