cppcam: a CAD CAM software I'm working on

More
24 May 2022 18:09 #243714 by fredrickojackson
I would like some advice on how to publicize and advertise a desktop software I have been working on for some time. "cppcam" is a CAD/CAM software with a 3D CAD interface for generating G-Code toolpaths for LinuxCNC. It is open source and can be found at sourceforge. 
git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/cppcam/code cppcam-code

I'm using this to generate efficient programs and beautiful work even though the interface is full of bugs and problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, HansU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2022 04:48 #243759 by phillc54
Moved to CAD CAM

More
25 May 2022 10:22 #243777 by HansU
I think the first step is to create a project page with some images and description, for example a GitHub project with a readme like this: github.com/DjangoReinhard/kutecam (forum.linuxcnc.org/31-cad-cam/45456-simple-linux-cam) or this: pycam.sourceforge.net/
By the way, do you know the first project? It's also written in C++ so you may can get some inspiration or you can collaborate.
IMHO it would be better to concentrate the power on one project instead of having lot's of small ones (if it's possible).

More
25 May 2022 11:22 #243783 by tommylight

IMHO it would be better to concentrate the power on one project instead of having lot's of small ones (if it's possible).

+1

More
25 May 2022 11:53 #243787 by HansU
I just had a look in the repository and the readme says:

This repository holds a port of pycam to C++/Qt. The project was then renamed to cppcam, and the git repository was lost and recreated.

Are you porting the project for performance reasons or what is the reason?

More
26 May 2022 23:44 #243955 by andypugh

Are you porting the project for performance reasons or what is the reason?

That would be a good reason. I stopped using PyCAM when I realised that other solutions could create code in seconds that was taking PyCAM several hours. 

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds