How do i make a simple hole (AutoCAD / DXF2Gcode)

More
08 May 2011 15:37 - 08 May 2011 16:00 #9657 by PKM
I got it!

You just insert text vfeed:feed_value to specify vertical feed. Then select all, right-click and choose Properties. Set Pozition Z to desired drilling depth (must be negative).
Rename the layer depending on your drill diameter, as manual says. Select all and run REALIZE.

I attached the output for vfeed = 150 mm/min. I moved all dots closer to 0,0 position for your convenience. I see that you use mm dimensions, so do not forget to change G20 to G21 in the output file (I changed already in the file).

File Attachment:

File Name: drill2.ngc
File Size:25 KB

upd: I tried to open the file un EMC2, it fails. Comment or delete the string

Ndrill Tdrill M6 G43; DRILL ?

and it will be fine

Attachments:
Last edit: 08 May 2011 16:00 by PKM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• andrei
  • andrei's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 May 2011 20:53 - 08 May 2011 20:58 #9664 by andrei
@PKM Thanks man! That was awsome! Your answer helped me a lot. Now i know how to use this Realize for AutoCAD.
I can import the files now in EMC2, but do you know what is about with the error from the screenshot bellow ? I tried it on your version of ngc and my version of ngc and i get the same error when i simulate ? Did i forgot to configure something in EMC2 ? I'm using 3Axis. I think i'm a tired.. and sorry for being a little wooden-headed
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 May 2011 20:58 by andrei.

More
08 May 2011 21:08 - 08 May 2011 21:12 #9666 by PKM
First and third errors - the tool tries to move out of your machine's workspace, thus joint limits exceeded. What is the actuator/table stroke of the machine? You probably need to rotate the workpiece (and dxf picture) 90 deg, usually X stroke is longer than Y.

If axis 0 is in the middle of table stroke, you might only need to move the workpiece and touch off.
Last edit: 08 May 2011 21:12 by PKM.

More
08 May 2011 21:10 #9668 by BigJohnT
The first on means your part is positioned so some of it falls outside the X limits of your machine.

John

• andrei
  • andrei's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 May 2011 21:39 #9669 by andrei
Thank you, this was really helpfull.
PKM you should make a tutorial on how to use REALIZE because you can't find anything related to this software except the author's instructions which are a little vague on my opinion. I think this script is not so popular because it implies the use of AutoCAD which is very expensive for the average user.

Thank you once again for your help. +Karma

More
09 May 2011 08:08 - 09 May 2011 08:13 #9671 by PKM
You're welcome.
It's Chris Radek who we should thank for writing and sharing the script.
Last edit: 09 May 2011 08:13 by PKM.

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds