May I suggest a new sub menu category under "Hardware & Machines"

More
27 Jun 2022 11:30 #245991 by stefan63
I constantly looking for information an manuals for different Servo and stepper drivers so may I suggest that we ad categories like this.
Either:
Hardware & Machines /Servos Steppers and drives
or:
Hardware & Machines /Servo drives. 
Hardware & Machines /Servo motors
Hardware & Machines /Stepper drives
Hardware & Machines /Stepper motors
You may also need to raise the file size limit for that category to let us upload user manuals.
And maybe also ask owners of the posted manuals to give some experience feedback ;)

Just a suggestion to make this magnificent forum even better :D
"I would like to share the files that I have struggled to find"

/Stefan  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2022 12:37 #245999 by tommylight
Good idea, but care must be taken not to upload copyrighted material.
I know cnczone had issues with this.
I would love to get my hands on the Mazak Micro Slant 15 with Mitsubishi electronics manual, it would save a lot of my time figuring out the 70 or more relays ... :)

More
27 Jun 2022 12:50 #246002 by spumco
Having a library would be nice, but like all libraries it will become a mess without a librarian and a management procedure.

I've got hundreds of .pdfs of servos, drives, and related equipment tech docs.  Spindle drives, spindle motors, gearboxes, electrical connector drawings, on and on.

Some are way obsolete and hard to find - and I'm sure there are forum members who are even more pack-ratty than me.

But how do you name the files so they're easy to find?  How do you enforce a file naming convention?  How do you name an OEM's brochure that covers multiple series of components?

You really need an OCD tyrant as the library gatekeeper.  Otherwise it'll wind up being a bunch of individual forum posts with stuff attached - essentially useless and unsearchable.

How do you determine whether a doc can be posted, or if its not permitted because it has some sort of proprietary info?  I'm quite sure all the OEM tech docs are copyrighted, but does that mean they can't be made publicly available?

More
29 Jun 2022 12:07 #246151 by JT
To be searchable you would need a database of the manuals which is not possible on the forum AFAIK.

JT

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds