The forums' buggy rich text editor

More
31 May 2023 13:54 #272564 by mozmck
I have have administered a phpbb for a long time and I'm not sure what you mean by the flat message structure? As far as I can see there is no difference in structure to this forum. I'll do some checking but I believe there are some import utilities to import from other forum software as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2023 15:29 #272575 by Aciera

As far as I can see there is no difference in structure to this forum

Yes indeed, my apologies I got the terminology confused. I mistook 'flat' for 'chat' style.

More
31 May 2023 16:02 #272583 by smc.collins
vbulletin software as an example doesn't or didn't "not sure of current state of license" by default collect or sell data that's the choice of the community administration. so, it can vary,

i do agree with data privacy. I'm building a humhub opensource community because of bad behavior by Facebook towards our community pages there.

i hear you loud and clear and those are are sensible and very broad valid counter arguments against closed source software.

I'm with you here
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aciera

More
10 Jun 2023 20:49 #273289 by Muecke
Hello everyone, as I can read here some seem to have problems with this forum.

But not only the users have problems with this forum, but also the admins, as it seems to me they don't want to install any other software.

I just had a look at the www.kunena.org site, the forum is still being maintained and apparently stripped further.

I wonder why the forum is performing so poorly here.
1. something was destroyed during an update
2. something (tool) was installed that disturbs the forum
3. something else no plan

Maybe it would be worth a try to install a test forum (kunena) with the new version and the current posts, users, pictures, files ... (not settings) and see if it works better then.

If it does, you could use the new installation and delete the old one.

Maybe that would be an option the administrators would consider?

We still have Kunena as forum software, but we are up to date and hopefully with a lot less bugs.

Gruß Mücke

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds