Getting 'Cannot Unhome While Moving' Errors Withou

More
19 Jun 2012 22:06 - 19 Jun 2012 22:08 #21127 by JRhode
Hi all.

I just changed over to a new computer for my small 3 axis mill, and have gotten EMC2 2.5.0 up and running. However, I'm now stumped by the following: my machine will begin a command/move and then at some arbitrary time afterwards stop and give the error 'Cannot unhome while moving: Joint 1' (Y axis).

The only problem here is I don't have any limit switches in my machine, nor are any limit switches or the like setup in my HAL for the machine.

Does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this? I've attached my .hal and .ini files for reference.

File Attachment:

File Name: LMC0200.hal
File Size:3 KB

Thanks in advance,
-Joel
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Jun 2012 22:08 by JRhode.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2012 22:08 #21128 by JRhode
Here's the .ini (couldn't figure out how to get both files in the original message:

File Attachment:

File Name: LMC0200.ini
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

More
20 Jun 2012 00:37 #21135 by andypugh
That seems basically inexplicable.
Do you have anything in custom.hal or postgui_halfile?
I see a pyvcp panel is loaded.

More
20 Jun 2012 01:06 - 20 Jun 2012 02:32 #21136 by JRhode
The custom.hal is just the header and the custom_postgui.hal just contains items related to the spindle speed readout.

This configuration hasn't been modified since it was created with stepconf.

I'm at a loss... I'm very new to EMC2 but can't seem to figure it out.

I will try to create a similar machine profile and see if I can replicate the results.

EDIT: So I created another profile in stepconf, identical to the first (except for leaving out the spindle speed gui), and got the same problem, except in axis 2 (Z) while jogging the Z axis, so it is not axis dependent.

Not sure if it helps, but I did have to disable SMI on this machine (using the method detailed in the wiki)... other than that, pretty much a standard install.
Last edit: 20 Jun 2012 02:32 by JRhode.

More
20 Jun 2012 08:08 #21138 by cncbasher
just a wild guess , what breakout board do you have ?
and have you a good ground , and no earth loops etc , i know you dont have any limits etc , but thinking of either a bad earth , or a spike hitting the pc
what power supply are you using for the steppers , give me a bit more information on the electronics breakout / stepper drivers / power supply etc

More
20 Jun 2012 11:16 #21142 by andypugh
JRhode wrote:

I'm at a loss... I'm very new to EMC2 but can't seem to figure it out.

I am not particularly new to EMC2, and it has me baffled too.
I need to trace through the code to see how that routine can be called, but it really should be impossible without _something_ demanding an unhome.
That command can only come from the user interface or HAL. You are not pressing any GUI buttons, and nothing is connected to the unhome pins in HAL.
I am wondering if perhaps you have a corrupted file somewhere.

More
20 Jun 2012 11:24 #21143 by BigJohnT
I don't even see an unhome pin in halui and the unhome menu is disabled when running...

John

More
20 Jun 2012 14:10 #21147 by andypugh
A comment from the developers mailing list was:
"Spurious unhome in a move sounds pretty broken. What does memtest86 think of the system?"

More
20 Jun 2012 15:39 #21150 by micges
I would add debounce for all input signals. Seems illogical but I remember I've had simmilar problems and this solution worked.
www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html/man/man9/debounce.9.html

More
20 Jun 2012 15:46 #21151 by andypugh
micges wrote:

I would add debounce for all input signals

He only has one input signal.
net estop-ext <= parport.0.pin-10-in

I guess if he has VOLATILE_HOME then it _might_ be possible to have e-stop trigger unhoming without actually e-stopping.

Is the external e-stop actually connected up? If not then I would suggest commenting-out that line of the HAL. ("#")

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds