linuxCNC users in the PHILIPPINES

More
15 Jan 2016 00:50 #68425 by dex
hi
any linuxCNC users in the Philippines?
Would like to ask for some technical help.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2016 22:34 #68498 by BigJohnT
You can ask here.

JT

More
18 Jan 2016 04:56 #68652 by dex
hi
thanks for reply!

first i am absolutely new to this

Is linuxcnc one of the best cheapest ways of controlling 3d printers, an xyz axes?
Or would you recommend other options?

I would like to know that before proceeding with linuxcnc.

I purhcased a used 3d printer (it seems to be a taiwanese brand) and would like to get it to work
I prefer controlling through computers and software, rather than microcontrollers

I also wish to control x,y,z axis machines and possible pick and place robotic machines in the future, using
what I learn now.
So i am thinking linuxcnc would be a good choice...

But the interface boards that are required to control using parallel port are approx 150usd or more....
are there cheaper alternatives?

Is there a way to control the mitsubishi servo drive directly through the parallel ports and without and interface, using linuxcnc?
thank you

Dex

More
18 Jan 2016 19:20 #68712 by andypugh

Is linuxcnc one of the best cheapest ways of controlling 3d printers, an xyz axes?

Probably not. There are many Arduino-based sets of 3D-printer controllers that are likely to be cheaper than LinuxCNC.

I also wish to control x,y,z axis machines and possible pick and place robotic machines in the future, using
what I learn now.

That is probably an application better suited to LinuxCNC< if you don't mind coding your Pick-and-place in G-code. (I don't know what is conventionally used)

Is there a way to control the mitsubishi servo drive directly through the parallel ports and without and interface, using linuxcnc

If the drive takes 5V step-dir inputs then yes. If not, then you need some interface hardware.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds