Foam cutter

More
09 Feb 2016 18:59 #69879 by JohnK43
Foam cutter was created by JohnK43
A few weeks ago I set up a 4 axis wire cutter with Wheezy 2.7.0. Then I installed the wheezy master and from there
minus a couple of question everyone helped with the machine worked great.

trying to setup another machine like that. Did the same things and can't find the foam cutter option in machine selector.

Possibly I am entirely missing something and just need guidance. All guidance cheerfully accepted.

Maybe just copy all the setup files from one computer is an option. Not my first choice because of locations but it can
be done.
thanks in advance

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2016 19:17 - 09 Feb 2016 19:19 #69880 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic Foam cutter
if my memory's correct theirs a line in the ini foam = 1 in the display section
that changes the Ui , or as you say just copy the ~/linuxcnc/configs/namedfolder
will do the trick .
it's a while since i looked at foam cutting .
shout if your stuck and i'll dig a copy out the archive
Last edit: 09 Feb 2016 19:19 by cncbasher.

More
09 Feb 2016 23:25 #69890 by JohnK43
Replied by JohnK43 on topic Foam cutter
Probably not clear. I can't find the foam cutter as the first step,even before step config.

The step to select what kind of machine you have. 3 axis mill, etc. I think the option was 8 axis foamcutter xyzuva.
All the ones I am finding are sims??

John

More
10 Feb 2016 00:40 #69893 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Foam cutter
You will have to start with the sim and change to suit. A foam cutter is not something that a wizard can do.

JT

More
10 Feb 2016 02:17 #69900 by JohnK43
John

It was only a couple of weeks ago but I don't remember doing that. Not that I didn't, old Got started and lost my way. age will creep up on one.

The machine we built works great and we found no bugs. It has been cutting parts for most of that time. We were going to set up another computer for a backup controller.

I think probably the easiest way is to simply copy the config files into the new computer for now. I will try to figure out how I got it to work right in a couple of days.

I really don't like learning things twice.

Thanks

John

More
10 Feb 2016 22:19 #69966 by JohnK43
I simply copied all the files required from one computer to the new one. Easier that trying to figure out how I got led astray.
Thanks.
JohnK43

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds