Home Sequence is Choppy

More
19 Feb 2016 17:55 #70375 by tzak
Home Sequence is Choppy was created by tzak
I am running 2.7.4

Just reconfigured my machine which was running on 2.2, 5i20 with servos. Counting correctly and tuned.

Just am going through the setup again and the calibration sequence is doing some strange things.

Seems like in the sequence each axis will move toward the limit switch, and kinda stops for half a second then continue to the switch. It does that about 2-6 times depending on how far away the switch is at the time. Then it hits the switch moves forward and instead of coming to find the index is goes back hits the switch again and then moves forward to find the index.

Not sure this is a new calibration sequence in 2.7.4 but thought i'd ask to see if something is incorrectly connected.

The choppy movement is what really puzzles me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2016 11:43 #70395 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Home Sequence is Choppy
The first thing I gotta ask is did you upgrade your configuration from 2.2 through every 2.x to 2.7?

JT

More
20 Feb 2016 12:59 #70399 by tzak
Replied by tzak on topic Home Sequence is Choppy
Fresh install off of the live cd to 2.7.4. brand new computer . Same m5i20 card.

More
20 Feb 2016 14:06 #70400 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Home Sequence is Choppy
I was referring to the configuration files...

JT

More
20 Feb 2016 14:15 #70401 by tzak
Replied by tzak on topic Home Sequence is Choppy
It was done using the PNCconf wizard.

I did have to change some of the servo tuning parameters like the deadband as it wouldn't take the value I tried to put into the wizard.

But now I have a solid and stable servo loop and have done some test programs and it seems to profile well.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds