Email notification on job completion/tool change etc?

More
15 Dec 2016 07:54 #84147 by Gibbz
Just wondering if linux cnc support email notifications on jobs which are running?

It would be handy to let me know when i need to head back in the shed to change over the tool, or start the next job :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2016 14:20 #84164 by Todd Zuercher
I believe there is something to that effect. But unfortunately I can't remember where I saw a reference to it.

More
16 Dec 2016 01:28 #84238 by andypugh

Just wondering if linux cnc support email notifications on jobs which are running?
It would be handy to let me know when i need to head back in the shed to change over the tool, or start the next job :)

I looked into this, and I am sure that it would be possible, but I found another way that worked for me at the time, and still does work pretty well.

I ssh into my LinuxCNC machine from the Mac in my living room (ssh -Y This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) and then log into the running HAL session and start a Halmeter do display the pin that shows the program line (halcmd loadusr halmeter -s pin motion.program-line)
That gives me a little window on the Mac screen that I park in the corner. Usefully this displays 0 when the job is over or a tool-change is needed, and also gives some indication that the machine is still running and how long it has left to run.

More
16 Dec 2016 09:54 #84262 by rodw
I don't understand how python scripts into LinuxCNC but I am sure sending an email would be a trivial python script as everything network related that Python does in just a few lines of code just blows me away.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds