Precix CNC Router that has the Sensoray 626 pci card and pwm Servos need help

More
16 Dec 2017 03:39 #103156 by EMFab01
I have a Precix CNC Router that uses the Sensoray 626 pci card with Advanced Motion Controls 12A8E-INV Brush Type PWM Servo Amplifier to drive the motors. The system work with the Precix code that is old. so I'm trying to get Linuxcnc to work on it. I can load the driver for the 626 card and run the 626demo code and I see the limit switches and the encoders. I just don't know where to start to do the interfacing. its all new to me so anything would be helpful.
Thanks
Eric
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2017 03:49 #103157 by PCW
Is there register level documentation or driver source available for the PCI card?

More
16 Dec 2017 04:48 #103158 by EMFab01
yes I have all the info and drivers

More
More
16 Dec 2017 22:48 #103176 by EMFab01
This is all new to me on the Linuxcnc so is there a document to know how the program interacts with the hardware?

More
17 Dec 2017 02:55 #103185 by andypugh
What do you need the card to do? It looks like digital input/output at 1kHz would be trivial. But other stuff would need more work.

More
17 Dec 2017 08:02 #103192 by EMFab01
The cnc router works and I have used the 626 demo program to find out the inputs for the encoders and the limit switch's. I just really don't know how to do the programming from the linuxcnc to the pci card.

More
17 Dec 2017 11:46 #103202 by andypugh
You need a HAL driver.

This is one that I wrote for a vaguely similar card:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master.../drivers/pcl720.comp

If you look through it (ignore the "reset" function for now) You will see a header block that defines the HAL pins, and then, written in C, a "read" and a "write" function that convert HAL signals into register values abd vice/versa and then send/get them with inb() and outb() instructions.

You would need something very similar, but would need a bit more complexity to set up the PWM signals (which I assume are generated on the board?)
The following user(s) said Thank You: EMFab01

More
21 Dec 2017 05:37 #103419 by mcheffe
I took a look at the pcl720.comp file to try and see how to adapt this to the Sensoray 626 card mentioned by EMFab01. This .comp file appears to be a mix of C code and other declarations used by Linuxcnc to figure out how to talk to the hardware. Is there some documentation somewhere that explains the syntax used in the .comp file? Specifically, the definition of the pins vs usage of the pins in the C read/write functions?

More
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds