Setting tools

More
12 Oct 2019 01:54 #147726 by Scot
Setting tools was created by Scot
Hello all,

So the power was out in nearly the entire north state of CA, where I live for a few days so getting my build in a workable state was put off. That gave you folks a bit of a reprieve from my clamoring and questions. But alas. Here I am, again.

I did some reading, but I can't seem to figure out what I need to do to set tools offsets, so when called up, they have a place to go in the program after selection.

When setting tools, what I'm used to is calling up a tool number then setting it to the workpiece in the chuck. Many lathe controls are simple like that. You select T1, somehow, then move the slide to where it is according to the material in the collet, first in X, then in Z, usually. Then you touch the tool off, set that coordinate according to where it sits with that piece, then change the axis, move to where the tool sits according to that axis, input that coordinate, then enter it. Then on to tool 2, 3, etc.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something. But I can't seem to find a place or a way to select the tool to set coordinates to. I see at the bottom of the Axis gui that there is a bar that says "No tool" and there isn't much on this that points to where I need to go to know what tool I have selected, or even how to select it.

I've tried to select a tool through the MDI. But nothing changes. I'm also interested in finding out what TLO means. Does that have something to do with tool offsets? If so, I'd like to find out how it can help what I'm missing.

Let me know what I'm missing, here. I'm sure it's going to be obvious when I learn it. But right now, I'm sort of at yet another loss.

Scot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds