Z-Axis Problem

More
18 Feb 2020 16:47 #157729 by NewToRouting
Z-Axis Problem was created by NewToRouting
Hi All - As my handle suggests, I'm new to routing. I've researched this problem for hours, but I am still stuck. I'm trying to cut the top part of a dust shoe from the plans I download from Thingverse. I cut the bottom part without any issues. It's been about a month between the bottom and top cuts so I'm relearning what I knew before. My workflow is as follows I home my machine. I zero the coordinate system. I touch off to the workpiece to the XYZ axis. Press run program. The program runs correctly on the X and Y-axis. On the Z-axis, the end mill hovers over the workpiece without ever touching.I'm using Fusion 360 the WCS is set in a corner Z facing up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2020 17:37 #157733 by bbsr_5a
Replied by bbsr_5a on topic Z-Axis Problem
Hi
workflow is ok
lets say you are 2mm above the part at 5mm is DRO
just go then to a MDI value of your own choice 10mm YOU Know you need to be 2mm Deeper
THEN Touch of Z (END Key on Keybord) to 12mm
and as you press run it will run the G-code 2mm deeper

and so on as you like to go more

More
20 Feb 2020 01:24 #157913 by JohnnyCNC
Replied by JohnnyCNC on topic Z-Axis Problem
This has happened to me in the past and what I found was somehow I had gotten value in my tool table for one of the tools. Maybe I clicked on tool-touch-off instead of touch-off. I don't know. Once I removed the value the problem went away. Might be something else but it's worth a look.

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds