Issue with LinuxCNC on APSX Spyder CNC

More
12 May 2022 20:10 #242815 by jsvalentin
I just bought it from Facebook. I was using it last night my linuxcnc froze up so I close it and wouldn't close so I restarted it and now won't open anymore. The LinuxCNC was installed by APSX and I'm not sure if it's something easy to fix or not? I got an error log.

File Attachment:

File Name: error.txt
File Size:42 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2022 20:44 #242816 by spumco
I'm not one of the LCNC gurus who frequent the forum, but the error appears to be caused by LCNC not being able to find a shuttle express (pendant).

Did one of those come with the machine?  If so, and it isn't plugged in, try plugging it in to the computer before starting LCNC again.  If it didn't come with the machine, you might try contacting the seller and see if they forgot to include it with the usual box of random crap that usually accompanies a used CNC machine.

Hopefully someone smarter or more experienced can chime in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jsvalentin

More
12 May 2022 23:34 - 12 May 2022 23:36 #242827 by tommylight

Hopefully someone smarter or more experienced can chime in.

No need, you're spot on.
I might just add that a search in the configs folder should be done to see if there is a config that does not use shuttleexpress in case one did not come with the machine or was used before attaching the shuttle thingy.
Edit,
Also, i would not use cr@p for peoples stuff. I do use it a lot though for other "use cases"! :)
Last edit: 12 May 2022 23:36 by tommylight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jsvalentin

More
13 May 2022 11:43 #242869 by spumco
When you're negotiating a purchase, any box of random accessories is "cr@p".  Once it's yours, it becomes junk.

Until your spouse asks what it is, then its 'insanely valuable components I got for a steal.'
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, jsvalentin

More
13 May 2022 16:23 #242897 by tommylight

When you're negotiating a purchase, any box of random accessories is "cr@p".  Once it's yours, it becomes junk.

Until your spouse asks what it is, then its 'insanely valuable components I got for a steal.'

LOL,
Needed a good laugh, thank you.

More
14 May 2022 15:28 - 14 May 2022 15:28 #242957 by jsvalentin
I finally figured out the issue. it was shutter express plugged into the wrong USB port. It's running now. thank you all.
Last edit: 14 May 2022 15:28 by jsvalentin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
14 May 2022 17:51 #242967 by tommylight
Thank you for reporting back.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds