Replacement HB04 pendant is choppy and inconsistent

More
31 Oct 2023 14:10 - 31 Oct 2023 14:13 #284187 by bally123
Hi All

For years I have been using an XHC HB04 - it was great other than occasionally refusing to power up.  Eventually this became a failure mode.

I purchased another one recently as a direct replacment, testing it today i find:

1. Occasionally the pendant lost connection error comes up - i have to restart LinuxCNC to reconnect the pendant. have tried different usb ports no improvement.
2. The motion is not smooth - its choppy and inconsistent with pauses in motion.
3. Step button doesnt always function, several presses are required - I can see the led light with every press but it might or might not change the step value.

Before I assume its a pendant issue has anyone got any suggestions? 

To be clear my old pendant did not show any of the issues above. 

This new one looks very slighty different to the old one - red power button not silver, black wheel not silver. USB dongle  - slightly different shape.

Thanks for any input.

Andy 

Last edit: 31 Oct 2023 14:13 by bally123.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2023 20:21 #284212 by bally123

Update

I checked the output of the pendant using the teminal, thius eliminating my configs and Linuxcnc

What i found was the message

xhc-hb04: connection lost, cleaning up

Is generated randomly but often. As this is the same message you get when the usb is removed and my old pendant worked fine  I am thinking its a fault on the usb device - or something different about this replacement and its interaction with the driver.

Im using linuxcnc v2.8   - I wonder if there have there been any HB04 driver updates that may help?  - or do i just get on and return it to the supplier.

Attachments:

More
03 Nov 2023 21:39 #284500 by Redneck92
I had a simmilar Problem with my XHC wheb I got it a few years back.

Wrote a thread here for my fix.
forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...usb-stick-fix#225235

Maybe you have the same Problem aswell.
Took me quite some time to figure this out.

More
03 Nov 2023 21:49 #284501 by bally123
Thanks for your input. I did try side loading the usb but didn't help. I also booted another pc on 2.9 and found same issue. I've sent it back now as convinced it's a faulty item.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds