joint 0 following error

More
31 Jul 2024 06:44 #306464 by AD_15
Hello!!
I have designed my own board for 3 axis motion control using spartan 6 FPGA. Here we have tested our board using stepper and we have successfully done with homing but while we try to run a design file we are getting errors of joint 0, joint 1, joint 2. But in servo we are getting error of joint 0, joint 1, joint 2 as I start linuxcnc. So what should be the reason behind joint 0 following error?

Can Someone please help me regarding this issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2024 09:02 #306476 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic joint 0 following error
Joint 0 following error is the difference between 'joint.0.motor-pos-cmd' and ' joint.0.motor-pos-fb'.
If this exceeds the limits defined as 'FERROR' and 'MIN_FERROR' in the [JOINT_0] section a fault is triggered and you get an error message.

If you are getting joint following errors on startup I would suggest to have a look at pins 'joint.0.motor-pos-cmd' and ' joint.0.motor-pos-fb'. Possibly you are simply not connecting 'motor-pos-fb' with a value in your hal.

More
01 Aug 2024 06:24 #306587 by AD_15
Replied by AD_15 on topic joint 0 following error
I think its connected properly, as I have tried this files on spartan 6 development board its working without any issue.
I have share my .ini and .hal file please check that file if any changes are required?

File Attachment:

File Name: cnc_test.ini
File Size:6 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: cnc_test.hal
File Size:14 KB
Attachments:

More
01 Aug 2024 06:52 #306588 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic joint 0 following error
I'd suggest using the 'halscope' tool to what those two pins are doing.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds