Pncconf Pluto-P firmware

More
28 Jan 2012 13:00 #17225 by Nick
Hi,

One of the users of cnc-club.ru interested is it possible to add Pluto-P firmware to pncconf to be able to create config files with Pluto-P.
Is it possible and what should we do to make it real?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2012 22:19 #17240 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Re:Pncconf Pluto-P firmware
This would require a fair amount of work.
Unfortunately I am a self taught programmer that needs to learn better techniques for making additions to code easier!
Pncconf assumes mesa boards when building cofigs so all the HAL code stuff would need to be tweaked.
A new glade page for pluto-P and code to run that page.
Does the pluto-P have different firmware options?
need to adapt the XML stuff to seach for pluto-P firmware and you would need to have the firmware described in an XML file or some other way of uploading firmware descriptions into PNCconf.
All live tests would need to be tweaked to be able to choose pluto-P

I don't think the pluto-P is that popular so for me the work involved is not really worth it. and I don't have a pluto-P card to test with.
But if someone wanted to do most of the work I would try to support them as best I could.

Honestly PNCconf is probably going to need to be re-factored anyways as the Gnome's Druid wizard template is broken in newer glade versions and missing in the newest versions.
unfortunately the alternate -assistant- is pretty broken too :) not sure what I will do...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds