LCNC not starting my new configuration

More
09 Apr 2013 10:29 #32453 by PCW
ScaleMAX should be set to the VFD's full scale RPM (at 10V)
Lets call this MaxRPM

MaxLimit should be set to MaxRPM
MinLimit should be set to -MaxRPM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2013 11:16 #32454 by canner

ScaleMAX should be set to the VFD's full scale RPM (at 10V)
Lets call this MaxRPM

MaxLimit should be set to MaxRPM
MinLimit should be set to -MaxRPM

Okay, so the VFD shows 1800 RPM's at its max speed. So if I am doing this correctly then do I set the following:

ScaleMAX = 1,800
MaxLimit = 1,800
MinLimit = -1,800

I hope that I am understanding you correctly, but this still does not work. I think there might be something still not set up correctly within the drive perameters plus I need to put a meter on the pins and see what is coming in. Right now I can stop and start the drive, change direction but the speed control still does not work. It is either fast or slow but nowhere inbetween. Please let me know if my figures above should be different.

Thanks

More
10 Apr 2013 01:55 #32496 by PCW
Those look right. I would check that the spindle out
(TB4 pin 2) out is around 5V (relaltive to TB4 pin 1)
when you set a 900 RPM spindle speed

More
10 Apr 2013 06:38 #32507 by canner
Okay, it is working now, I just needed to restart axis after changing the ini file (seems kind of obvious). I need to reverse the directions so that they turn the right direction for the buttons on axis and on the ccw button the increase and decrease spindle speed buttons have the opposite effect but work correctly for cw. I will try a few things to get those going right. I think now I just need to get the encoder attached and working and I will feel good about starting to use it for work. There are a few other things that I want to do but it is not a rush on them. Thanks for all of the help so far.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds