7i76 w/ GE AF-300 VFD - separate pins for FWD/REV?

More
19 Dec 2013 20:08 #41822 by BigJohnT
I'm pretty sure that pncconf makes a custom.hal file where you can place things that won't get removed by running pncconf again. However knowing what is in you configuration files is always best. The configuration wizards are there to get you up and running but eventually you need to leave them behind and forge on.

JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2013 06:29 #41917 by JR1050
I have a ge-fuji af-300 drive on one of my lathes. You can set it up for a differential signal(-/+ 10v), then just supply a run command. This will require programming some of the options terminals on the drive its self. You want to run it in vector mode and be aware that this is not a high performance drive, getting very fast accel and decel will be difficult if not impossible. You may (meaning do) want to install a braking resisitor, or you will get overvoltage and over current alarms on decel., unless you want 15 second waits for thre spindle to wind down. There are some newer drives made by yaskawa, Mistsubishi , hitachi and fuji that are much more responsive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phidauex

More
22 Dec 2013 11:07 #41921 by cmorley

Well, I suppose there isn't anything I NEED yet... Just the irrational desire to be on the cutting edge. ;)

I'll keep plugging along with my HAL configuration. I noticed the warning that if you modify your .hal file then reenter PnCConf (to modify the configuration) it will overwrite your changes. Is there any way to put changes or additional HAL material in another file that won't get overwritten? Or once you step down the manual changes direction are you forever on your own? Should my strategy be to make a very full-featured PnCConf configuration with everything I can think of turned on (even stuff I haven't wired up yet) and then start down the manual path? Or does it make sense to just stay manual like a real LCNC master and leave PnCConf behind?

Use pncconf till it can't easily do what you want. It has custom file that won't be overwritten. It allows custom signal names to connect to those files.
any INI changes you do by hand will always be overwritten.

Eventuality you will out grow it's capability or find a bug you can't get around. by that time digging in won't be so scary.
please report any bugs or critiques.

2.6 is very tempting as it has many more capabilities,
quite a few are using it on production machines.
but there is some big changes that could be merged in that will break a lot of config things.
If you do use it just make sure you carefully test things before each upgrade of it as any upgrade could break things or change behaviour.

Chris M

More
24 Dec 2013 01:15 #41950 by phidauex
Thanks for the tips on the AF-300. So far I'm getting reasonable acceleration and deceleration rates without the braking resistor, but I'll pursue installing one - every bit helps. After doing the auto-tuning on the motor parameters and setting up vector mode, things seem to be running pretty well.

I had considered +/-10VDC, but I didn't want to setup another power supply. ;) Fortunately the relay control is still working fine, at least until I decide I've outgrown the drive.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds