PC won't boot with 5i25 in 1 of 2 avail. PCI slots

More
29 Apr 2014 17:35 #46471 by BigJohnT

On copying text in Linux.... I did try all buttons on the mouse, including the middle. No reaction (and no drop down menu) on either middle or right hand mouse button. Only left button reacted, but it's not possible to copy anything with that alone....

You have to do it exactly this way and there is no reaction what ever that is. Make sure your empty text file is open in Gedit before you select and copy the text. I think this is a Tcl thing not having dropdowns.
  1. press and hold the left mouse button and select all the text, release left button
  2. one click of the middle mouse button in the selected text area
  3. one click of the middle mouse button in the empty open text file

JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2014 20:30 #46477 by PCW
If you had the 7I77 and 7I74 swapped, very little would work....
You likely have 5i25_7i77_7i74.bit as your FPGA bitfile
(there should be a label on the 5I25 that shows the initial firmware)

This name means a 7I77 on the primary connector (DB25 = P3)
and a 7I74 on the secondary connector (26 pin header P2)

To swap the connectors you would need a 5i25_7i74_7i77.bit file
to re-flash the FPGA configuration. This is not a standard configuration
but I can build one in a few minutes.

More
30 Apr 2014 02:02 #46479 by akb1212
I have 5i25_77i7_7i74.bit yes. That's what the sticker on my 5i25 says.

I need to upgrade the firmware on my cards so I need to program the cards anyway. And if you are able to make a 5i25_7i74_7i77.bit file I'd be really happy.

I understand the logic behind the 7i77 on the primary connector now. I just didn't think about it that way when I started. Mostly because I needed it to be opposite...

I'm starting to get my grips on Linux now. Enough to get a bit more done anyway.

I also found I need to read most of the manuals again as well.... I have something to relate it all to now, and its so much easier to read about something I'm actually working with....

Still no contact with the 7i84 yet though. I know it has field power. I need to figure out how to communicate with the 5i25 in a more direct way. What is the tool to do that?

More
30 Apr 2014 06:05 #46489 by andypugh

is it possible to make Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V work? I find it incredibly annoying to have to use the mouse to do this when I'm used to these shortcuts.

Unfortunately Ctrl-C is "Break" and has been for decades.

The Terminal app in Ubuntu lets you copy from the "Edit" menu in the Terminal, which also shows that the keyboard-shortcut is Shift-Ctrl-C.

(I had to check this, I am typically using ssh from a Mac, and I have Cmd-C for copy and Ctl-C for break.)

More
30 Apr 2014 17:56 #46498 by BigJohnT

The Terminal app in Ubuntu lets you copy from the "Edit" menu in the Terminal, which also shows that the keyboard-shortcut is Shift-Ctrl-C.

(I had to check this, I am typically using ssh from a Mac, and I have Cmd-C for copy and Ctl-C for break.)

LOL, I never noticed that the terminal window had a menu until you posted this... I just used the right mouse button to copy and paste.

JT

More
01 May 2014 07:36 - 01 May 2014 08:06 #46504 by PCW
Note: the 5i25.zip file at mesa has been updated to include
7i74_7i77.bit (and .pin and .xml) files
Last edit: 01 May 2014 08:06 by PCW.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds