HELP! Mesa Card setup with Bob from CNC4PC

More
12 Oct 2015 01:12 #63694 by remartinez
Good evening gentlemen.

I am one of those guys that is venturing over to linuxcnc from Mach3. Linux is new to me so please be gentle.

I need help! I am trying to setup a Mesa 6i25 card with a C32 BOB from CNC4PC . Unfortunately when I go thru the PNCconf wizard and select the prob_rfx2 firmware the pins don't look correct.
So I decided to go to Mesa website and download the configurations for the Mesa card.

Question 1: What directory do I have to put in the new configurations?

Question 2: Would there be a specific way on copying the files over to that directory?

Regards,
Raul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2015 05:11 #63701 by PCW
I would look at the available .pin files (these are plain text files)
in the 5i25.zip archive ( in configs/hostmot2/ ) and see if you can find one that
has the step/dir pins in appropriate places, then flash the 6I25 with the matching bit file

The utility that writes firmware to the 5i25/6i25 card doesn't care where the firmware file is located
as long as you provide a path to the file on the command line (so its easiest to run mesaflash from the
directory containing the bit files)

if theres not a matching xml file for pncconf to support the chosen config, I would just use the probfrx2
pncconf hal and ini file and fix any discrepancies in those files (there should not be many or even anyy differences)

More
12 Oct 2015 06:06 #63702 by remartinez
PCW

Ok I looked at the pin assignments for the probfrx2 file and I think this is the closes pin assignments for my needs.

So i flashed the Mesa card with the probfrx2 bit file.
When I run PCNconfig and select the bit file on the firmware the pins dont seem to match.
What am I doing wrong?

I have attached some screen shots.
Attachments:

More
12 Oct 2015 07:30 #63703 by PCW
At this point I would probably just try the config as-is
and make any needed changes to the hal and ini files

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds