What should I answer to PNCconf for XYZA steppers

More
14 Apr 2016 14:44 #73306 by Alicee
Hello, I'm just got mesa 6i25 plus one 7i76 in kit and trying to make it work. I had neighbor trying helping but that is no-go so I'm asking help here now.

I have LCNC 2.7 and gantry machine. I have 5 step motors: 2 on X axis and Y, Z and A.

I see places to enter a lot of the info in PNCconf but still not sure about some thing. Please tell me what is correct or meaning when I am inside of using PNCconf:

1.) near beginning, after I select the 5i25+7i76x2 with 1 7i76 on the configuration tab, a box says 1 or 2 channels. What is that and what should I put there?

2.a) Further page on the tab "I/O Connector 2" is that the 26 connector on top of 6i25, and should I leave everything that tab "unused"?

2.b) same page on tab "I/O Connector 3" is that DB25 on bracket? Machine has 5 step motors so I just selected the X, X tandem, Y, Z and A on there, is that right? On that page I should leave SSERIAL-P0-RX alone? What should be in the right column of data where it says "NUM 012" thru "NUM 016" ?

3.) Later, on all of "Axis" motor pages, should I just ignore all the PID boxes on the left and also the "Rapid Speed" and "Feed Speed" box; and only enter the data for the step motor stuff (upper right) and the 4 boxes lower right ? Or what?

4.) Later, on the second page about my "A" axis, how do I make it NOT do homing? I want to jog "A" rotary to scribe mark then manually say that place is "home" and zero. And what about upper right 2 boxes (travel distance) for "A", Should I put a big number to almost never run out of rotations or is there a way to make it never hit a soft "A" limit?

5.) I put "Spindle ON" on a GPIO on TB5, (I just have relay to turn router on or off, no VFD) so I can just ignore spindle page, right?

6.) If nothing else special I should put nothing on the "Options" and "Real Time" pages ?

I appreciate all helpful answers. Thank you.
Alice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2016 15:43 #73311 by cncbasher
the setup is just about right as you have found ,
once you have loaded the 7i76 make sure you update the pins ,
this will load the changes for the 7i76 , as your only using one 7i76 that is channel 0 by default
if you had another 7i76 connected to the internal connector that would then become channel 1

regarding the axis as a rotary will need changes to your hal and ini files by hand editing possibly
if your using steppers just ignore the pid , for most of the settings the defaults will be fine
as pncconf is only to get you started , after that you may hand edit etc .

hope that helps
Sarah .

More
14 Apr 2016 16:43 #73314 by Alicee
oh wonderful thanks for help

so maybe I can understand you said channel 0 is first 7i76 and since i dont have any more then number channels = 1 on that page, ok.

i can leave A axis unconnect for now so i can fix that later

i ignor all about pids just put info about steps per etc.

i put step/dir pins on what says I/O connector 3 but that is really TB2 on 7i76 ?

I put driver enable on TB6 like gpio times 5 motors?

everything else unused and then I can make it move?

i can get it to move then come back later for help about rotary in HAL.

Thanks your help,
Alice

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds