Pncconf with Mesa 6i25/7i76

More
04 Dec 2016 22:34 #83681 by dokwine
FYI I am new to LinuxCNC. I have installed the deb lcnc 2.7 release and am trying to configure a Mesa 6i25/7i76 plug n go card set with the 6i25 in 5i25 compatibility mode.

I looked in config picker, but found no mesa configs corresponding to anything like my cards.

I've tried Pncconf, but while it shows my 5i25 and 7i76x2 cards, it does not show pin configurations for the TB2 and TB3 connectors - just P2 and P3 from the 5i25 board and TB4,5,6 from the 7i76. Setting xyz step&dir on the P3 tab gets me through the hal generation, but as expected there are only pin assignments for the 5i25 P2 connector - no mention of the 7i76 board at all. I've tried assigning a pin (just estop) on one of the 7i76 TB connectors, but the ini file just terminates when I attempt to run.

Am I missing something basic, or should I be trying something other than Pncconf to do my setup?

I've attached a console dump showing configuration of the 6i25/5i25 while it ignores the 7i76 board FWIW.

File Attachment:

File Name: hm2.txt
File Size:4 KB

Thx
~
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2016 15:15 #83909 by dokwine
Replied by dokwine on topic Pncconf with Mesa 6i25/7i76
Never mind (sheepish grin). Though it seems there should be a way to list all of the 7i76 connector assignments fm Pncconfig - including the Mesa hardwired ones - configuring the 5i25/6i25 connector and relying on the Mesa manual for TB2/3 connector assignments works fine. I was expecting to find them listed in a tab with dedicated functions and the ability to assign names (step0 = step x or whatever), or listed in Hal or in dmesg...

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

More
22 Mar 2017 17:58 #90082 by Lcvette
Replied by Lcvette on topic Pncconf with Mesa 6i25/7i76

Never mind (sheepish grin). Though it seems there should be a way to list all of the 7i76 connector assignments fm Pncconfig - including the Mesa hardwired ones - configuring the 5i25/6i25 connector and relying on the Mesa manual for TB2/3 connector assignments works fine. I was expecting to find them listed in a tab with dedicated functions and the ability to assign names (step0 = step x or whatever), or listed in Hal or in dmesg...

Thanks

Did you get everything up and running? And what type machine was this for?

Thanks,

Chris

More
22 Mar 2017 21:47 - 22 Mar 2017 21:48 #90089 by dokwine
Replied by dokwine on topic Pncconf with Mesa 6i25/7i76
thanks for the follow-up. I'm not done yet, though I have used Axis to run one of my clearpaths in testing so things are making sense.

My machine is a router - a bit of a hybrid - CNCRP router frame with Teknic clearpath SD motors and (obviously) LCNC controller. I didnt want Mach 3, and I was torn between KFLOP and LCNC - I wanted SOA path planning. Not entirely sure I made the right call there but I guess I'll find out when I finally have things runnign

Turnkey, step-by-step functionality wasn't my highest priority so things are fine, just some stuff that doesn't work the way I would expect .
Last edit: 22 Mar 2017 21:48 by dokwine. Reason: typo

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds