UI Bug - home and limit assignment

More
26 Jan 2017 15:25 #86715 by bymccoy
Hi

Not sure where I should submit bugs (GitHub?) but found something that genuinely threw me and made me think I was doing something super wrong.

When assigning MESA I/O, I found that if I assigned combined Home & Limit on the X/Y/Z axis, that the UI is assigning the wrong axes. It was setting (from memory) X as A, Y as X and Z as Y. It was also getting the home/limit pin assignment wrong.

It took a while to figure out it was this, and I had to manually change the initial pin assignment at the top of be config and the pins for each axes.

On a side note, the home/limit combo threw up all kinds of weird issues, but I suspect that's me taking the wrong approach during config.

Unassigning and reassigning the pins in the config wizard didn't fix/clear the issue, though the UI sometimes showed the new axes assignment, the Makn config wasn't fixed.

I need to re-run the wizard for spindle config, so will see what happens to my manually edited files and will post what happens. With my code background, it just looks like the UI options have the wrong values - minor issue but a sod!

Thanks
J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2017 21:14 - 26 Jan 2017 21:14 #86738 by rodw
What GUI and what version of LCNC are you using?
I observed this yesterday to with gmocappy and master branch.
I thought Gmocappy was not using the new joint homing in master. It looked like
Joint 0 is always X (its X1 for me)
Joint 1 is always Y (its X2 for me)
Joint 2 is always Z (its Y for me)

So joint 3 (my Z) never gets homed

Is thats what is happening to you?
It all works fine in Axis GUI
Last edit: 26 Jan 2017 21:14 by rodw.

More
26 Jan 2017 22:30 #86746 by bymccoy
I'm having issues with homing, but think that's my issue with misdefining the home switch position offset.

The real issue is the Pnfconf UI mistranslating I/O assignments. In the UI they look right (but wrong and can't be reassigned when running again), but the config files written out include the wrong mapping of signals at top of the config and subsequently in each axes block, they're mapped wrongly (with one axes not assigned anything as A was declared instead).

J

More
27 Jan 2017 21:51 #86804 by newbynobi
@rodw,

I am pretty sure it is not gmoccapy 2.xx, it may be your config.

Norbert

More
27 Jan 2017 23:36 #86808 by rodw

@rodw,

I am pretty sure it is not gmoccapy 2.xx, it may be your config.

Norbert

Norbert,

As reported earlier this morning on this thread, forum.linuxcnc.org/gmoccapy/32227-gmocap...-in-joint-mode#86788 there is a a bug somewhere. I will continue the discussion on the other thread.

More
28 Jan 2017 02:58 #86820 by cmorley
What version of linuxcnc are you using?
This sounds like an error that was corrected.

Chris M

More
28 Jan 2017 03:27 #86822 by rodw

What version of linuxcnc are you using?
This sounds like an error that was corrected.

Chris M

Chris. I'm running Master as RIP. If you refer to the earlier link I posted above, I've posted some more info from further tests this morning. I think its a Gmocappy thing as it provides individual home buttons for joints and labels them X, Y, Z for joints 0,1,2 which does not marry up with the joints on a XXYZ machine

More
28 Jan 2017 04:34 #86823 by cmorley
Sorry I was referring to the pncconf error.

Chris M

More
28 Jan 2017 09:01 #86829 by rodw

Sorry I was referring to the pncconf error.

Chris M

I didn't really see any issues with pncconf defaults with master installed in the last 30 days. But sorting out the limit switches did take a bit of time. I thought the homing docs were very well written.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds