Another 7i76 Spindle Setup Question

More
02 May 2018 00:00 #109979 by Skippy1
Andy,

Thanks very much for your time.

This and other attempts generally result in an error on startup, the summary of which is - Pin 'motion.spindle-speed-out-abs' does not exist. Using HALSHOW - Pins, motion.spindle-speed-out is listed, but motion.spindle-speed-out-abs is not.

Please note that I am using version 2.5.5 of Linuxcnc, and a trawl of the forum indicates that one or two other people have had a similar problem, which was ( as best as I can tell), resolved when they upgraded to 2.7.

I assume that there is no easy way to 'slip' another pin into the program, so I may try loading the current version of Linuxcnc on another machine and give it a whirl.

Cheers, Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2018 00:15 #109981 by PCW
Yeah the absolute spindle speed pin was added somewhere around LinuxCNC 2.6 AFAIKR

More
02 May 2018 06:31 #110000 by Skippy1
Thanks guys,

I did a fresh install of version 2.7 of linuxcnc, and then updated it to version 2.7.12. A few laps through PNCConf, and the spindle control was behaving beautifully.

Thanks very much for all the assistance,

Steve

More
02 May 2018 11:14 #110013 by andypugh

I did a fresh install of version 2.7 of linuxcnc, and then updated it to version 2.7.12. A few laps through PNCConf, and the spindle control was behaving beautifully.

Glad you got it working. There are many other enhancements in 2.7 so you should find that it was worth doing.

It would have been possible to stay with 2.5.5 and use the "abs" HAL component to achieve much the effect, but the upgrade will be a better solution.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds