5i25 with 7i77 Pncconfig

More
05 Mar 2019 02:08 #127746 by NauticalMachinest
Hey Guys,
I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere but I am having a hard time figuring out what I need to do to configure these cards in the Pncconf Wizard. Much of the information I come across is from 6 or 7 years ago and I imagine things have changed since then. I have a fresh, updated version of LinuxCNC V2.7.14 loaded up on the computer. I have a brand new 5i25 and 7i77 plugged in and the jumpers in the correct position to provide 5v to the daughter card. My first problem I come across is when I try to run the Pncconf Wizard, I am missing the fields of information to select the card and PCI port number as shown in the photos. My second question at the moment regards firmware selection. I am only running one 7i77 but I do not see that as an option in the available firmware configurations, I see 7i77x2, 7i77x2 with one 7i77, but not a 1x 7i77 firmware config. Which firmware should I choose to run only one 7i77?

Is there a step/steps I have missed to cause these problems?
Any help is much appreciated
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2019 03:01 #127749 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic 5i25 with 7i77 Pncconfig
1. There is no need for a PCI port number/address
2. 7I77x2 with one 7I77 is the appropriate selection
The following user(s) said Thank You: NauticalMachinest

More
12 Mar 2019 12:04 #128424 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic 5i25 with 7i77 Pncconfig
the first step is always the Hardest
and also as there is 2plugs on the 5i25 some struggle eve with there is only one external off

You will be shure Happy if it runs as you expected
keep going
there is a live channel that people are on to help you DIRECT on the mashine

More
19 Mar 2019 12:26 #128965 by srini
Replied by srini on topic 5i25 with 7i77 Pncconfig
Hi, have you figured it out why the MESA card is not showing up on the frist screen. I have 5i25 with 7i76 and I am stuck too, any help would be good. thanks .

Srini

More
19 Mar 2019 18:32 #128986 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic 5i25 with 7i77 Pncconfig
Which screen are you referring to?
Mesa card options are set on the /Mesa Card 0' page.
That should be about 6 'clicks' in (depending on options and versions)

Chris M

More
19 Mar 2019 18:47 #128988 by NauticalMachinest
Appreciate the help, the firmware configuration is a bit confusing at first glance, also when you go to assign analog +-10v for servo drives, the only option on the drop down menu is PWM, which is also a bit misleading but if you just ignore it and keep going you see it is actually configuring analog servos. I am having trouble getting the servos PID loop tuned in Pncconfig. If I use axis to configure my servos, will it effect my ability to open and edit the configuration in Pncconfig from then on?

More
19 Mar 2019 19:09 #128989 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic 5i25 with 7i77 Pncconfig
I recommend servo tuning in AXIS. Yes the tuning will be overwritten if you use pncconf again. (unless you take note of the changes in the INI from tuning and enter then in pncconf)

Pncconf gets the basics laid down then most people hand edit from there.

Chris M

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds