Mesa 7i76e Tool Setter Hook Up

More
02 Jun 2020 00:40 #169749 by Mayberry Customs
I asked a similar question in the general forums but didn’t get a response...can anyone tell me which pins I use on the 7i76e for a generic table tool setter. I want to use it with gmoccapy’s auto tool measurement feature...is it considered a digital input and wired like a limit switch, then defined as what in pncconfig? The wiring diagram shows two wires for main switch and two for over travel switch, I’m assuming these will be setup as two different inputs, again not sure how each is defined in pncconfig. If this is obvious please forgive me, I am just doing the wiring currently and haven’t gotten into any configuration yet. Thanks, Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2020 01:03 #169755 by tommylight
Any pin on 7i76 inputs will work, it is basically a switch or two in your case and set as probe-input in pncconf.
I think that the first switch is used fro probing and the second should most probably be wired s an E-stop switch so it halts the machine if it gets triggered.

More
02 Jun 2020 01:35 #169759 by cmorley
in pncconf I would think you want to connect to the probe signal.

On any input combo box:
external control / probe in

More
02 Jun 2020 01:37 #169760 by cmorley
can you post the link to the Gmoccapy instructions you are using?

More
02 Jun 2020 02:15 #169763 by Mayberry Customs
This the link I have been checking for reference linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/gui/gmoccap...uto-tool-measurement

None of the pictures show up in this link so I’m not sure if it’s older, I planned on using the manual built in Linux CNC when actually doing the config and setup.I’m still really new to Linux CNC so there is still a lot to wrap my head around. Thanks, Andy

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds