Homing and stepper direction

More
11 Oct 2020 01:40 #185661 by ferrous1991@gmail.com
I need help needed with INI file. My system is working, but with two aberrations. First, the Y axis stepper is rotating in the wrong direction. Second, I want to operate without HOMING. Both of these changes require access to the INI file. I have tried to open INI by the following sequence: App Menu > CNC > Pnconfig Wizard. When the wizard opened it was for a MESA card which is completely new to me. But I continued until the application presented questions that I could not answer. So, I’d like to set No_Force_ Homing = 1, and change rotation direction of the Y stepper using directions a beginner can handle.
Thanks, Stephen Vitkovits

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2020 02:26 #185662 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Homing and stepper direction
You edit the INI file with a standard text editor. not a CNC application.
The .ini file will be in the ~/linuxcnc/configs directory

More
11 Oct 2020 07:28 #185674 by Clive S

. So, I’d like to set No_Force_ Homing = 1, and change rotation direction of the Y stepper using directions a beginner can handle.

As PCW has said in the config directory (folder) you will find some files there will be one with a file extension ".ini" if you double click on it it will open.

Then under the Y section put a - in front of scale number ie. SCALE = -400

Depending which version of linuxcnc you have linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/config/ini-homing.html

6.13. Immediate Homing
If a joint does not have home switches or does not have a logical home position like a rotary joint and you want that joint to home at the current position when the "Home All" button is pressed in the Axis gui, then the following ini entries for that joint are needed.

HOME_SEARCH_VEL = 0
HOME_LATCH_VEL = 0
HOME_USE_INDEX = NO
HOME equals to HOME_OFFSET
HOME_SEQUENCE = 0 (or other valid sequence number)

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds