Setup for 7i76-5i25 plug-n-go setup

More
18 Oct 2020 21:17 #186516 by aquinn12
Hello,

I am trying to setup a 7i76-5i25 plug-n-go kit. I have succeeded in installing linux, and am going through the PnCConf process. I am supplying 24V to the 7i76 board, and have the jumpers configured to provide 5V from 5i25 to the 7i76.

When I enter the axis setup window, and try to test the steppers, they are enabled but not responding to commands.

I can use the drivers and steppers successfully with an Arduino and Mach3 trial, so I know the drivers are not the problem.

When I close the motor testing screen, the motors give a little 'sing' so there is clearly communication happening between the pc and the boards.

I hooked scope probes up to the step gen pins and there are clearly not square step signals coming from the pins, just noise.

Any advice? Thank You!,
Andrew
The following user(s) said Thank You: shortcircuit48

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2020 21:27 #187137 by tommylight
Sorry for the late reply,
Set the step timings to at least 5000ns
set the dir timings to 20000ns
finish creating the config using pncconf, save then start that config from desktop, press F1 and F2 then try to jog the machine using keyboard arrows if using AXIS GUI or on screen buttons if using Gmoccapy
If it does not work, check the motors if they are locked in place and can not be turned by hand, reduce the JOG speed to something very low then try jogging again.
More info on the drives used, wiring, how everything is set up and connected together, some pictures,......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds