Can't find how to install and run pncconf wizard

More
04 May 2021 15:50 #207841 by karoria
Hi all,
I am very new to linuxcnc world. I have raspberry pi 4 8gb and mesa 7i96 ethernet card from which I want to make cnc mill. I tried pre-installed raspbian image but unable to run pncconf wizard successfully till end. Later I found that the pre-installed raspbian image has known issue not running with pi4 8gb board. So, I have installed linuxcnc with clean raspbian image with command line. Now, I can't figure out how to install and start pncconf wizard.
Waiting desperately for help. Thanks in anticipation.
Best,
Ravi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2021 18:08 #207857 by AgentWD40
Have you tried typing in

pncconf

Into the terminal after installing linuxcnc?
The following user(s) said Thank You: karoria

More
04 May 2021 22:06 #207882 by andypugh
pncconf is included in the LinuxCNC package.

Did you install the package, or compile from source?

Which kernel did you install?
The following user(s) said Thank You: karoria

More
06 May 2021 15:54 #208131 by karoria
Sorry for late reply. Actually after I wrote for help here, I could not connect my usb keyboard/mouse as usb ports were disabled. I have already flashed pre-made image 3 to 4 times but not luck. Now I will try using fresh install from scratch image of raspberry pi os.
Kindly let me know in case a working solution for RPi4 8gb RAM is already available. I am open to install ubuntu desktop or 64 bit raspberry pi os if that helps.

More
08 May 2021 17:26 #208319 by karoria
Update... I bought rpi4 4gb and flashed os with the pre-built linux cnc rpi4 image. Now everything seems to work fine. I will play with settings and ui now. Thanks for support.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds