Setting up Servos in step/dir position mode

More
11 Jun 2021 11:22 #211797 by RoberCNC
joint.x.amp-fault-in you mean? There is another one called joint.x.amp-enable-out and their default values are opposite which makes me think that they work together and that I can link a signal to the ENA pin of the drivers as well and thus complete the security, making some buttons (amp-enable-out) and status LEDs (amp-fault-in) in the UI to identify the driver that fails and be able to reset it with the button. Let's go for it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sadmeatball

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2021 17:49 #211821 by tommylight

joint.x.amp-fault-in you mean? There is another one called joint.x.amp-enable-out and their default values are opposite which makes me think that they work together and that I can link a signal to the ENA pin of the drivers as well and thus complete the security, making some buttons (amp-enable-out) and status LEDs (amp-fault-in) in the UI to identify the driver that fails and be able to reset it with the button. Let's go for it!

Yes and yes.
Sorry for the short replies ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoberCNC

More
14 Jun 2021 07:38 - 14 Jun 2021 08:14 #212003 by RoberCNC
Don't worry Tommy, often less is more :P . I've been messing around the weekend and it works, now I just have to put in some 5v relays that pick up the signal from the drivers to pass the 24v to the 7i76.

The next thing I'm going to get into the world of backlash but that's better in another topic in case I need your help and knowledge (which I will surely need).
Last edit: 14 Jun 2021 08:14 by RoberCNC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds