7i76e configuration not working

More
03 Jan 2022 09:53 #230639 by jeremy
Hi,

I have a CNC mill which I am converting to LinuxCNC with a 7i76e. I currently have the card connected to a Raspberry Pi 4 and powered on, but otherwise nothing is connected as far as motors, etc. I was hoping to just look at the signals on an oscilloscope so I can confirm everything works the way I expect.I created a simple XYZ configuration with PnCConf but LinuxCNC will not start up with this configuration. I get the error:
./my_LinuxCNC_machine.hal:229: parameter or pin 'hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.spinout-minlim' not found

I have configured the tab "7i76-Analog Output" to be "Spindle Output".

The full error report is attached along with my configuration files. Does anyone know what could be causing this error? It seems to detect and connect to the card fine, but then it falls over on this configuration line. I didn't edit the files manually, so I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2022 10:11 #230640 by jeremy
Interestingly, if I remove the 7i76 analog input (ie set it to unused) then everything starts up OK. But I do have an open loop analog spindle driver that I would like to use...

More
03 Jan 2022 10:20 #230642 by jeremy
Ah, some searching of the forum with google gave me the answer I was looking for:

forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/3268...r-and-en-not-working

Turns out I had moved the VIN/VFIELD jumper to the wrong "left" ;) So the VIN of TB4 was not being powered.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds