Excel file for building the configuration, pinouts etc. ?

More
05 Mar 2022 22:31 #236459 by P1-Engineering
Was wondering if there is an Excel file available somewhere which gives you the overview of all the pinouts?. 

Think this would help tremendously when building the configuration and starting the wiring. 
When building my first controller with Eding CNC I made such an overview, but that was a fairly simple, straight forward, configuration. 
With all the possibilites LinuxCNC offers it gets complicated a lot quicker and would like to build the config and the wiring first time right. :) 

If this is not available I would also like to know, because then I will put one together myself and make it available. 
General wiring hookups can also be an option in a later stage. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2022 22:39 #236461 by Grotius
Hi,

I think there is none. For every type "mesa, ethercat, parport" etc. it differs.
If you do the config wizzard, your generated output will contain a .hal file. This hal file shows the connections.
You could consider this .hal file as a basis to construct your excel template file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: P1-Engineering

More
05 Mar 2022 22:42 #236462 by john_f
I like that idea. Would you consider Libraoffice Calc. instead for those that don't have excel.

More
05 Mar 2022 23:09 #236467 by Grotius
Hi,

Libreoffice excel is common used with linux as it is free. So you can just provide a slogan like : sudo apt-get instal libreoffice-excel.
when you are ready to post the file. Users can then just copy past your instruction.

More
05 Mar 2022 23:45 #236468 by tommylight
libreoffice-calc
that is the official name of the exel in Linux.
And the package to install is:
sudo apt-get install libreoffice
That will also install the rest of the office suit.

More
06 Mar 2022 00:09 #236469 by rodw
I started by making a table of inputs and outputs.  I updated the table before I added a new pin.
Over time, I added a number of other tables for stepper wiring colours etc. Its all in there.

More
07 Mar 2022 22:52 #236612 by P1-Engineering
Ok, I will check what comes out of the configuration!.

More
07 Mar 2022 22:57 #236613 by P1-Engineering

I like that idea. Would you consider Libraoffice Calc. instead for those that don't have excel.

I will check it out, but I'm quite experienced in Excel so if Libraoffice has a very different workflow I will probably not invest the time. 
Linux for me, currently, is only to run the CNC's and 3D printers. 

More
07 Apr 2022 05:07 #239500 by tray
Hi,

Libre Calc is similar to excel, with a similar workflow/interface.
Some math functions are different but similar.

The attached file, I created in Libre Calc, and then zipped for attaching to the forum message.
Attachments:

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds