7i97+8i20 error function not found

More
02 Dec 2022 14:24 #258318 by andypugh

Should the pnconf bldc component work in a way that you can can put some value in every spot or is it ment to be hand written in the hal file? 

I don't think that the author of pncconf has ever had access to an 8i20 so I suspect that your config will need some manual tuning. 

We can work through the errors one-by-one until the config at least loads. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2022 23:34 - 03 Dec 2022 23:38 #258463 by saquzi
Ok. So, current first problem that needs to be solved is (the last  line of the: # ---Encoder feedback signals/setup---):

Debug file information:
Note: Using POSIX realtime
./takisawa.hal:44: Pin 'bldc.0.rawcounts' does not exist
Stopping realtime threads

Soo do I need to link something to somewhere now?

File Attachment:

File Name: takisawa_2...2-03.hal
File Size:10 KB

Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Dec 2022 23:38 by saquzi.

More
04 Dec 2022 17:36 #258518 by saquzi
Any somehow 7i97+8i20 related configs or something that could be modified somehow "easily"... Have not found any solution to the previous problem either :/

More
05 Dec 2022 10:53 #258576 by saquzi

File Attachment:

File Name: takisawa_2...2-05.hal
File Size:6 KB

Got rid couple of errors on the hal, seemed that 8i20.0.0.angle/current were in the wrong serial first? (they were 8i20.0.2.angle) but thats just about it I can figure out by myself....

So for now, ##### marked are neither "does not exist" or "not found".. Some advice badly needed

#####setp   [HMOT](CARD0).7i77.0.1.analogout0-scalemax  [JOINT_0]OUTPUT_SCALE
#####setp   [HMOT](CARD0).7i77.0.1.analogout0-minlim    [JOINT_0]OUTPUT_MIN_LIMIT
#####setp   [HMOT](CARD0).7i77.0.1.analogout0-maxlim    [JOINT_0]OUTPUT_MAX_LIMIT

#####net x-output     => [HMOT](CARD0).7i77.0.1.analogout0
net x-pos-cmd    <= joint.0.motor-pos-cmd
net x-enable     <= joint.0.amp-enable-out
# enable _all_ sserial pwmgens
#####net x-enable   => [HMOT](CARD0).7i77.0.1.analogena

and

######net x-enable =>            [HMOT](CARD0).8i20.0.0.amp_enable

# ---PWM Generator signals/setup---

#####setp   [HMOT](CARD0).7i77.0.1.analogout0-scalemax  [JOINT_0]OUTPUT_SCALE
#####setp   [HMOT](CARD0).7i77.0.1.analogout0-minlim    [JOINT_0]OUTPUT_MIN_LIMIT
#####setp   [HMOT](CARD0).7i77.0.1.analogout0-maxlim    [JOINT_0]OUTPUT_MAX_LIMIT

#####net x-output     => [HMOT](CARD0).7i77.0.1.analogout0
net x-pos-cmd    <= joint.0.motor-pos-cmd
net x-enable     <= joint.0.amp-enable-out
# enable _all_ sserial pwmgens
#####net x-enable   => [HMOT](CARD0).7i77.0.1.analogena

Attachments:

More
06 Dec 2022 01:20 #258649 by andypugh
You loaded bldc with
loadrt bldc cfg=n,n,n

And that does not create a rawcounts pin.
(in fact "n" means "no feedback")
linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/man/man9/bldc.9.html

For your Fanuc encoders I suggest using "fq" mode.
loadrt bldc cfg=fq,fq,fq

I hope that the motors are not connected to the axes at the moment? It will take some time to get the servos to run properly without stalling or running away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: saquzi

More
06 Dec 2022 12:42 - 08 Dec 2022 20:32 #258692 by saquzi
Okay, I now have fq mode. I have only the Z-axis servo on my coffee table because I have only one 8i20 for now for testing.I think i got the hal file pretty much sorted last night! Now my servo is even buzzing! But not actual movement yet when trying o jog or no runaway... The sound changes a bit when I rotate the servo shaft, so it seems that there is actually some current going for the servo, but not enough? I have not changed any of the 8i20 settings, only put the jumpers right and checked the wiring. I read some topics, should the nvmaxcurrent (and some else?) be modified somehow from default? Setserial looked to be the way some years ago, but can it be changed now in the Hal like it says in start of the manual: linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/setsserial.9.html . If yes, what is the correct way for doing that?

File Attachment:

File Name: takisawa_2...2-08.hal
File Size:6 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: takisawa_2...2-08.ini
File Size:3 KB

Edit: If i use "f" in cfg, Should the c1,c2,c4 and c8 signals from the fanuc encoder too? If yes i need to figure where those should be wired at..

Edit2: figured out that I will need the gray scale pattern signals too. I connected TB5 in8, in9, in10 and in11 pins for the encoders gray scale pattern pins, and added to Hal file:

net x-c1-in     bldc.0.C1
net x-c2-in     bldc.0.C2
net x-c4-in     bldc.0.C4
net x-c8-in     bldc.0.C8

# --- X-GRAY-C1-IN ---
net x-gray-c1-in     <=        hm2_7i97.0.inmux.00.raw-input-08

# --- X-GRAY-C2-IN ---
net x-gray-c2-in     <=        hm2_7i97.0.inmux.00.raw-input-09

# --- X-GRAY-C4-IN ---
net x-gray-c4-in     <=        hm2_7i97.0.inmux.00.raw-input-10

# --- X-GRAY-C8-IN ---
net x-gray-c8-in     <=        hm2_7i97.0.inmux.00.raw-input-11

Is this correct? Should i connect something for the com8-9&com10-11 fysical pins too? Atleast it now loads without errors. Still haven't found the reason why i can not jog it or move it in any way :/

Edit3: I am missing most or all of the commutation signals in hal? Just can´t figure out how and what they should be :X

Help needed!
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Dec 2022 20:32 by saquzi. Reason: all of them

More
12 Dec 2022 09:03 - 12 Dec 2022 13:15 #259246 by saquzi
Okay, getting really overwhelmed with this. So, i can not get the axis moving no matter what, I only have whining coming from my servo. I took my time and cleaned my hal file so it's not a mess anymore, so please help. I have been reading manual and searching different topics but can not find any reason this not to work anyhow.. For now i am thinking of using just the cfg=qi, i think that the gray scale ain't necessary and I dont have enough inputs for it for all 3 servos.

When i enable the machine and look hal pins, all phases were changing a little in hal configuration page, but the change was so little, and trying to jog would not affect anything, now i dont have even that. My machine are not trying to do any homing sequence either. Help

File Attachment:

File Name: takisawa_2...2-12.hal
File Size:5 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: takisawa_2...2-12.ini
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Dec 2022 13:15 by saquzi.

More
13 Dec 2022 02:52 #259292 by PCW
What are the motor ratings?

I suspect

setp bldc.0.initvalue .5

(0.5A) is not anywhere enough current to align the motor

More
14 Dec 2022 01:52 #259393 by andypugh
With the latest drivers you should be able to setp the nvmaxcurrent in the HAL file.

Once it has run and been updated it is probably a good idea to comment the line out, or it will write to the eeprom every startup, which isn't ideal.

More
14 Dec 2022 01:55 #259394 by andypugh
For commutation, the gray-code option has the advantage that the motor can make full torque from startup without needing to do an alignment step.

I think it would be a good idea to just get a motor turning first. One way to do this would be to use pure "f" mode, so that the quadrature encoder is ignored and the motor should run block-commutated.

If you can't jog in pure "f" mode then you need to look at your PID tuning.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds