LinuxCNC PNCconf error on RasPi 4

More
11 Jan 2024 20:01 #290451 by Hartmut.Seitter
Hello,I am running LinuxCNC (2.72) on a intel pc for some years successful. Now the harddrive on the intel pc is broken and I would like to run LinuxCNC on a RasPi 4.I created the raspi image and I booted the raspi and now I am trying to create the configuration using PNCconf.When I try to finish the X Motor settings I get an error PNCConf encountered an Error ......locale.Error: unsupported locale settingCan anybody help me to fix this problem, so that I can configure my cnc on a raspi 4, please. (I cannot use the config files from the older version, because there are some changes in the config file /s, and I am pretty sure I have to create now config files for version 2.9.2.I am using a Mesa Card 7i76e (which was/is successfully used by my old config)Any help is highly appreciatedBest regards Hartmut

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2024 20:58 #290454 by tommylight
Change the locale settings to UTF-8, search google for how to do that on Debian, any Debian.
P.S.
I have no idea how to do that as i never needed it, but that is the issue as stated at the end of the error report.

More
12 Jan 2024 08:12 #290478 by Hartmut.Seitter
Many thanks for the reply - changing locals to en_GB.UTF-8 using the cmd sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales solved this problem. Hope I have now fix all stuff to get linuxcnc running on raspi.

Many thx and best regarsd
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds