Problem with 7I97 (first use)

More
24 Mar 2024 10:00 #296615 by waleed2024
I bought a 7I97 ethernet board a long time ago, But I didn't use it and have stayed untouched from this date.

know I need to use this board in a new project, but when try to use it, I face some issues

First, I couldn't establish any ethernet connection in both IP address 10.10.10.10 and 192.168.1.121

also we have both RED LEDs are always ON, the INIT LED and the /DONE LED

I checked the manual and found the following:
FALLBACK INDICATION:
Mesa’s supplied fallback configurations blink the red INIT LED on the top right hand side of the card if the primary configuration fails and the fallback configuration loaded successfully. If this happens it means the user configuration is corrupted or not a proper configuration for the 7I97s FPGA. This can be fixed by running the configuration utility and re-writing the user configuration.
FAILURE TO CONFIGURE:
The 7I97 should configure its FPGA within a fraction of a second of power application. If the FPGA card fails to configure, the red /DONE LED CR2 will remain illuminated. If this happens, the 7I97s EEPROMs must be re-programmed via the JTAG connector or (faster) JTAG FPGA load followed by Ethernet EEPROM update.

Is there any way to make this board work
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2024 14:38 #296621 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Problem with 7I97 (first use)
I would first check the 5V power supply (at the 7I97 card)
It looks like the card has not come out of power-in reset

Also the 5V wiring looks very thin and the 7I97 requires a fairly
stiff 5V supply.

More
24 Mar 2024 22:25 #296657 by waleed2024
many thans,
this sollve the problem, I didnt expect that

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds