PnCConf USB Jogging Problem

More
22 Apr 2024 10:23 #298831 by SertanATL
I am currently running a cnc machine with version 2.8.4 with no issues. I am currently building another machine and I wanted to use the new 2.9.2 but I had a problem.

When I was trying to implement Logitech GamePad F710 in External Controls windows under USB Jogging tab, PnCConf did not show the list of items to probe, list was totally empty. When I tried to close the page, it froze and needed a restart.

After few tries I decided to install 2.8.4 and It works no problem. There might be a problem with the new version or may be with my specific scenario, I just wanted to share this incident.

I attached a file with the item list working.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2024 19:14 #299138 by tommylight
Did you have a chance to test on latest ISO, or was this with latest ISO of 2.9.2?

More
27 Apr 2024 09:50 #299176 by SertanATL
It was the latest ISO of 2.9.2..

More
14 Aug 2024 05:44 - 14 Aug 2024 05:45 #307697 by arijitdutta
Bump.

Any solutions to this? 
I have done the add device rule a bunch of times and the wireless controller was detected, but only once the "test device" window got populated with the pins and was responding to the buttons on my controller. Rest of the times I couldn't get it to populate and remained totally blank. Also there is the problem of the Pncconfwiz freezing up and needs restart.
Last edit: 14 Aug 2024 05:45 by arijitdutta.

More
14 Aug 2024 13:38 #307714 by arijitdutta
Update: 
I was finally able to go around the issue I was facing. Since the halmeter was showing up blank, one can go into the terminal and type :

halrun
loadusr -W hal_input -KRAL Gamepad ((( Gamepad is the unique code that my controller has, others might be different )))
loadusr halmeter

The halmeter shows up and gives the input pin status.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds